Spartans Home

Mechwarrior Living Legends, who is playing?

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Wrong.

You should have a Mods folder in the root and the MWLL folder in the Mods folder.

Yep I had done this and returned to see the mods folder was in a sub so transferred it up to Crsis root and Ta-daa

I am good to go. :D

Remember if Halli can get it to go anyone can...... :rolleyes:

@ Halli,

MW is not really a "run 'n gun" game. To be honest, possibly it was on previous versions of this game, where they made Mechs way to fast and easy to drive. Last MW Mercenaries was exactly that. Compromised to the majority of public looking for "shoot 'em up", lowering the "sim" side and enhancing "arcade" experience.

MWLL comes back to the good standards, where Mechs are difficult to drive, you "feel" the weight of you machine, where a Light 20 -30 tons mech is"easier" to control while Heavies 70,80 and 90 tons are a pain in the butt to move 'em on the battlefield.

With that said, MW involves a lot of team-play to make use of brawlers short range mechs, medium and long range and missile boats coverage.

Correct use of Radar (active/passive) allows a good chance of "stealth" action and can be very useful on correct tarrain/maps

I played for years the previous versions on competitive environments. NBT League created a long term ongoing war involving invasion of several planet on a large scale Universe. Spaceship travelling was simulated, money management was simulated to reflect what your faction had or not had available for a specific combat... and when you where on the battlefiled, usually it was a fight between 8 vs 8 players (mostly due to multyplayer game limits) and you had to engage using good tactical skills to anniihilate your opponent.

This game involves way more than a bare-bone ongoing server. It needs mature players to enjoy the "sim" side of it and enjoy the large view of facts going on the Battletech universe.

The game allows many different styles of play, but that is up the the players. Devs said they are working on another game mode called "Planet Assault". There are no info aboput it but i m pretty sure it can be extremely interesting.

Not saying this game can get so realistic as Arma, but in its own way can be a very intriguing combat simulator as well :) I hope you'll enjoy it and if you need any info or tips to better understand how Mechs workk, let me know :)

See ya :)

• 3 weeks later...