Spartans Home

Mechwarrior Living Legends, who is playing?

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Ok, who has downloaded and intends to play some MWLL? Zeno is installing stuff as fast as possible (really big uploads), we should have a dedicated server in a couple of days.

so far I have:

Zathrus

Dai-san

Athlon

AJsarge

Samurai

Maj3stic

rtr

Batwing

Gysgt

Punisher

Medic

Adder

Zeno

Halli

It's all "Crash Crash Bang Boom" for me, but I'm trying to play. Having a blast just in the battle armor. Sadly, vehicles aren't heavy enough to tackle mechs, and they're not small enough to be stealthy. And the VTOLs are a small pain to operate without a joystick (which I'll master quickly once I get mine setup).

Alright, I am TOTALLY IN ! got the game, installed everything and it was a breeze !

Working perfectly on my secondary PC, e6750 OC 3.3 Ghz, 4 Gb ram Win 7 64, Nvidia 250.

Not an hitch so far, some minor bug in game but system is solid.

About Win 7 64, it does not requires any compatibility mode. Installed Crysis + 1.2 and 1.2.1, tested to see it was working fine, it was all good, then installed MWLL and all nice and smooth.

Seems it has the Battlefeild 2 level and fair game play problems as EA games are famious for. If your butt is not glued to the server box, then you are nothing more than a moving target. I get board of that kind of crap real quick as it rapidly takes the fun out of it.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I have been playing as a test on european servers pinging steady 317 and I had no lagging nor warping at all. It was surprisingly very enjoyble.

I was hitting where I was supposed to hit almost without lag leading. Of course I do believe having a ping below 100 is always better, but instead I think playability is mostly due to the Host machine.

Getting crowded, probably it becomes a server limit more than a connection limit.

I also noticed that trying to play on some local US server, with great ping, I was crashing and warping all over, which support my idea that enjoyment is Server related, some what.

:o

Ok I have the Folder(MWLL) in crysis root but not working.

You only need to drop the MW and hotfix folder in the main Crysis folder. Then create a shortcut from the launcher (Looks like a mechwarrior silouette) from the MW folder on your desktop and thats it.

When lauching the game don´t use the Crysis launcher

Cool game, Im not happy with the game play of it, all you do is die.

You did pretty well when I was in the server yesterday AM. I died like 4 times. Zath died even more times, and well... Maj3stic WOULDN'T DIE at all.

Well it is a BETA, to me the controls are not to crisp, you get going and can't stop and get hung up and stuff like that, maybe that stuff will be fixed in up comming pacthes or versions. It is a beta.

I think you may just be having trouble coming to terms with the game Ath. You need to shift your mind set.

These are BattleMechs, they weigh 100's of tons, they are not going to stop on a dime or turn easily. You need to slow down to turn faster and lighter Mechs will always run rings around you.

It's a trade off, light and manoeuvrable but with a light punch, or Heavy and cumbersome but with a killer kick. Finding the right Mech for you is what made the Mechwarrior series such fun.

If or when they implement the Mechbay, where you could create your own loadout for your Mech then this will be even more fun.

I do agree with you on the hanging up on a tree stump though, this is an annoyance that needs to be addressed.

Yeah I agree with Dai about the mech classes. It is a feature of MW not a bug. Trade off is everything.

The stumps and rocks really tick me off. I think my fave map would be a desert map with just sand dunes and buildings. Matter of fact I would like to see an urban enviroment as well. Maybe a post-apocalyptic New York City with teh famous buildings and Central Park.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~