Spartans Home

MechWarrior LL - found some nice vids

Batwing~SPARTA~

Finally got connected today... it is very impressive considering this is a beta. I have been having a blast (pun intended)

The vid barely does it justice, the graphics in it are awesome, I have only run into a couple of minor bugs, nothing to

spoil the game play, just some stuff to make it even better.

Zathrus,

I am very curios about this game, although I do not have Crysis (only Warhwead version and i heard is not gonna work on it).

Would you be able to write a lil more about the "feeling" ? how commands react, if you were able to use a joystick, how the feeling in cockpit is and other stuff part of your experience.

Thank you very much in advance :)

Today is my first games, but here is my impression so far.

I haven't tried to setup a joystick yet although some of the players are using them. I do plan on setting one up.

The commands with keyboard and mouse feel alot like the old mech series. I am still getting used to controlling the speed of the mech. using the W and S keys for speed seems a bit clumsy but I finally figured out that tapping those 2 keys steps the mech speed up and down and into reverse.

Steering, aim, firing appear to be excellent. I was up and running well within 10 minutes. The graphics are awesome, the other players were very helpful getting me started with key commands etc.

I just announced I was a noob when I entered my first game, they said no problem and answered every question I put up. Pretty good considering they were in a battle.

The battles are furious and you don't dare stop for more than a short period since stopping = death.

The game play encourages teamwork since you won't last very long on your own, but can do quite well with others.

I was working with 2 other mechs and a tank on a full 32 player server. We would find enemy mechs on the edge of the main enemy group and single them out. Usually we could overwhelm a single before his teammates could effectively come to his defense since they were usually tangled up with the rest of our team.

Don't get me wrong, there are lone wolves, but they usually die alot. You build points with hits on the enemy with a bonus for destroying one. You can't upgrade very well if you keep dying because you have to keep using the points to build a new mech.

The games I played were set up on time and lasted 15 to 30 minutes. So far it has been alot of fun.

WOW !

Thanks a lot Zat for the quick review ! I've been playing MW since MW 1 all through each one new release, so i m getting very excited about this new MOD :)

I found Crysis on D2D for only 30 bucks and I really can consider getting it to test this mod :)

Keep it up, if you discover new stuff, keep us updated :)