Spartans Home

It's out in 2 days - It's out in 2 days !!!!!!!!!

DaiSan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some clarification on compatibility with Win7 64 bit which I am about to install. Will I be able to run this or no?

Someone above said something about patch 1.2.1 only for 32 bit, yet this is the required patch for the mod from my understanding. No?

That was me, but in my next post I said that it was bum info from a tech thread. Patch 1.2.1 is required and it does work on Windows 7 64bit but some people are having problems with Crysis once 1.2.1 is installed.

As yet I don't know whether this is a video driver problem or some other incompatibility problem as for some people it's OK and others (like Haloelite) are having problems.

I onestly don t understand about issues related between patches in 32 or 64 bits.

First of all, majority of games are 32 bit and also majority of applications are 32 bits. Windows OS in 64 bits just install and use any 32 bits program seamless.

Some games allows a choice running in 32 or 64 bits, using a different executable, so just be sure to run the 32 bit version for full compatibility.

Most of problems are either "operator's error" or driver issues. Win 7 also solve a good 90+% of issues through the compatibility mode, so i would not be afraid about having the game working at all.

This should help bud.

After days of uploading crysis from my computer the image is on the UK server and installing as I write. It is a very slow install, slowed further by the virus scan running in the background.

The 1.2 patch and the mod have nearly finished downloading.

I am reading through the notes for setting up a server and hope to sort something out today.

I will keep you posted

@CyLawyer:

oh I see what you say.. but you r confusing the "virtual XP Mode" with the normal compatibility troubleshooting.

Home Premium does not come with the "vitual XP", which is a mode creating a virtual machine running a full XP copy. That has been created for business mostly to allow to run specific old applications on XP. However that "virtual" mode is not for gaming. It does not support gaming at all, so it does not make any difference to you.

awesome cant play it oh well i give up on this mod.

Why cant you play it

I couldnt update the server to 1.2.1, so I copied my local bin32 folder over to the server and now it works ok. the Bin 32 isnt very big and I could upload it somewhere if that would work for you.

The server is patched to 1.2.1

good news I can setup a basic crysis server

bad news I dont yet know how to set it up with the mod running.

But how hard can it be

Have a look here mate, apparently there is a good readme that comes with the files.

Also here may help.

Have a look here mate, apparently there is a good readme that comes with the files.

Also here may help.

Thanks for trying Dai, but the first link tells me how to set up a stock server (I had tis already) and the second link needs me to register, but I cannot because I fail to register as human on their registration page, lol.

Thanks for trying Dai, but the first link tells me how to set up a stock server (I had tis already) and the second link needs me to register, but I cannot because I fail to register as human on their registration page, lol.

That got me too :D

Back all the way out and hit register again and fill it all in in one hit, I got something wrong on the first entry and then no matter how many times I filled the incorrect details in it wouldn't go through.