Spartans Home

Santa's Gift From CCP

CoBoL~SPARTA~

• 3 weeks later...

CLEAR! *thud* The thread lives!! (and just think, if i pass my exams and get my EMT-basic licence ill be doing that to people)

All probing jokes aside the zypher has its uses. Its good because sleepers wont shoot at it, so you can warp into a sleeper combat site to see exactly what you are fighting. Its bad because unlike the buzzard it cant cloak and hide from players, nor will normal rats refrain from blowing a few holes in the side of your ship.

hmmm, "sleepers" and "buzzard" are terms I am not yet familiar with...

"rats" I understood.

I have much to learn still.

Well, if that was a serious question, the buzzard is a tech 2 frigate and can use a covert ops cloaking device, meaning it can warp while cloaked where as you have to uncloak to warp with regular cloaking devices. Plus it has bonuses to probing (not GySgt's kind of probing, sorry) so that you can probe out a ship, and then warp to it cloaked, gaining awareness of that grid without letting the person or rats know that you are watching them.

Sleepers are the same as rats, but only live in wormhole space. HOWEVER: they have actual AI codes implanted into them by CCP, in addition to bieng able to detect and shoot cloaked ships. Depending on what class (difficulty level) of wormhole you go into, they can remote rep each other, cap transfer, and the AI will swap targets and focus fire. Rumor has it that in the most difficult wormholes there are dreadnaught and carrier sleeper spawns, but i have never personally seen one.

Hope that helped,

Rags