Spartans Home

IL2

Punisher~SPARTA~

4.08m at the moment

i could upgrade to 4.09m but the only server that I play on is 4.08m. Doesnt really matter to me.

I'm sorta new here, played a lot of ARMA2 with the Spartans, I'd really enjoy playing 1946 (are the compatible?) online, so count me in. I have the 4.09m patch, I was going to get the mod for TrackIR but it appears that looks like a hack to a lot of servers, shame I really like the immersion factor. Anyone play Black shark here as well?

-B

happy to see this guys !!!

here's what you should download: 408 & 409m (both official) + HSFX mod 4.1

After each install/update, run your game to see if it's working.

HSFX: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1920

HSFX mod has the Korean Theatre stuff in there (map, sabres, migs, etc.)

That's all you'll need for now and most online players are using that version. with the switcher (found in your IL2-root, JGSME.exe) will easily allow you activate/deactivate all the mods in there; as well as a 'clean official 409-version'.

for those who don't know, HYPERLOBBY is the program used to fly online.

you can find me in hyperlobby as 51stfis_SPARTA

tell me when you guys are gonna fly, sothat I will be there as well.

ZATHRUS, MAKE SURE YOU'RE THERE TOO BUDDY !! YOU'S MY WINGMAN

:pilot: :pilot: :pilot:

• 1 month later...

I have read about IL2 on the games site that there are some bugs when trying to get online. I must say that i do want to open a server for a sim game or a rpg game, just not sure what to choose. Have been playing cod series and et but it has become too repetitious for me at the moment. Although i have seen some wicked in game play with arma2 and that ir tracker is most appealing to me at the moment, but as a big fan of sims im in between two minds.

In the off chance you might be wondering why open a server and say that in a community that barely knows you, well i guess the answer is very simple, well i can do so at any moment in time and going through a large portion of the site replies and interaction i see that most if not all active people in here, are well how do we say this.... mature..!

Btw, @ stie admin, i do like how you have banned political discussions, i simply cannot handle such threads as they always lead to some sort of non productive posts and bitterness. Lets face it, we all have busy lives and very little close to non at all free time, so jumping on a server and meeting up with like minded and intended people is some what of rare opportunity.

you actually mentioned one of the (additional) beauties of IL2. you mainly have mature people playing this game, especially when the realism is turned up a notch.

again, nothing beats a good coop.

though go looking for the right mods. download hyperlobby and you'll see on an average (US) afternoon/evening there are at least 700+ people flying online.

will be online at 10 pm GMT+1 under " 51stfis_Slick "

Salute !

I still play, I meet with some guys on UK dedicated 2 Saturdays around 20:00GMT. We start there and then usually do some co-op's etc. For getting online, xfire is probably the easiest. Hyperlobby some people have issues with on win vista/7.

The graphics out dated? That's what mods are for! Check out the IL2 Ultrapack, comes with all kinds of bells and whistles to spice up the game a bit. Still looks pretty sweet and shiny after all these years. :)