Spartans Home

Tac Play 7/12/09

custard~SPARTA~

Enjoyed last nights play, thank you to those doing the leadership thing top job. Altho there was a fair bit of guys talking over each other (a lot in one channel makes this inevitable IMO) the patience/brevity shown was impressive.

I know some don't like to talk about the kill/death ratio but I'm a bit pissed that I didn't take a screen shot of the score table because the very limited number of deaths guys had was so cool (nobody in double figures)

If we do this more often the covering all arcs thing will get better and maybe guys will be more interested in some no respawn missions :thumbsup_anim:

I heard ya'll had a good time, When I checked on the server last night not a soul was in Reg dom and all were in Tac

BUT they were leaderless and no one was guiding or even talking much.

I caught the tail end of the TAC play. Once the command took off they allowed the rest of us to stay on. The only difference I noticed was like Halli said, we didn't really have a leader.

That said, everyone worked together really well. We were not as organized as when we have a Spartan leader, but it was still pretty enjoyable.

I heard ya'll had a good time, When I checked on the server last night not a soul was in Reg dom and all were in Tac

BUT they were leaderless and no one was guiding or even talking much.

It is a bit of a problem without Durka, Zeno, Andrewman or Luggage in channel we all (inc myself) act like sheep we really must try to address this.

Yeah, Halli, I came in about 10pm EST and saw that, and it pissed me off enough to come in and get things organized. It was nobody's fault, because I only knew a handful who was there, but they were in the passworded tacdom server nonetheless. With Kal's help, we restarted the server, got everybody split up into teams, picked a commander, and went from there. I checked back about 2hrs later and they were doing great.

Hopefully our new guys and regulars alike got a taste of good structre in a game and will come back for more to build on that. To our regulars: When playing public dom, don't hesitate to take over a Team Leader 2ic or Mission Command slot if you have a good idea of how to attack.

thought it was really good last night. cheers andrewman for leading the assault ;)

tbh i really like it tactical with less players which means it's a lot more coordinated and a lot quieter in ts also. so later on it was just messy with ppl talking over each other.

it also seemed to get a lot harder when more joined. when we had 2 squads of 3 or 4 in each, we moved around very quickly and covered the other team moved up. we got to the town very quickly but then we got stuck at the buildings for ever as more and more ppl joined.

noticed the kill/death ratio also :)

no respawn is fine for punishing Rambos but take last night, my death count was 5 or so, but i didn't get killed by the enemy once :/

covering all arcs thing

i have to say i'm constantly reminded by this every time we play, those damn sneeky sniper civilians always pop up on your 6. i've been given ass covering duty a few times and although your always at the back, there is much more killing to be had than i thought.

oddly enough, the majority of players seem totally oblivious when they are being shot at from behind, i guess they assume it's outgoing frindly fire? this happened several times last night.

We are going to try to resolve the numbers in channel P and come up with some guideline.

You usually have very few deaths P it was everyone else was the same this time lol.

The no respawn thing just floats my boat it does kinda suk when you die on insert in a two hour mission but thems the breaks and when you complete a mission with nobody dead you remember it for a long long time.

edit - maybe they are playing with two channel headphones not surround and/or before we started using the vop sound the 7.62 enemy weapon was so distinctive the vop sound has dilluted it a bit.

In game, the AK makes a distinctive sound. Locating it is the hard part. If we know all our troops are carrying Western weapons, we should be fine.

That is all well and good but several of us do not carry western weapons. I know that Halli, myself and EMT usually have atleast one russian gun.

Also I think the reason last night went so well is that we had the following stuff going for us...

1. The server was set to Veteran mode so it was a heavy challange

2. The seeds of Team work and cooperation were set early with the active leadership that we had on the first Objective.

1 + 2 had the following effect

3. The leadership bailed however the teamwork and cooperation remained. At the next objective the leadership was not nonexistant... it just had a really light hand on the reins. Everyone knew their job and just did it. There was Arty... and even air support on an as needed basis. Someone would say... "We need to move here and take X once everyone moved to help. It was a well oiled machine.

It took nearly two hours to take the first town, and we moved agressively after the initial counter-attack from the town.

The first house inside the town became an Alamo, very entertaining. Good squad work and great comms saw us through, some nice touches with re-loading at the air-drops prior to pushing the assault forward.

Agree with Panic, as there were a couple of downed friendly helicopters, and one enemy helicopter that shouted Banzai, prior to wiping out 80% of the team, and our death rate would have been very low for the time spent fighting.

Great squad work all round, I do feel that the guys that joined late were left at base too long, and I think they may feel it too, not certain what the answer is here, as it can be a distraction. I appreciate what the 2IC now does on a Friday, may be helpful, and it's a thought, to have another squad form at base, be provided with a leader from within and an insertion point on the AO by the 2IC. Only when they are landed and secure on the AO do they make contact with the MC who then directs them onto target. This would then present the MC with a squad on the battlefield, without the concern of logistics

Last night was unexpected for a Monday, and enjoyed greatly because of it - Ta Zeno