Spartans Home

Lancia: The best in the world

Floyd~SPARTA~

Ohh I like the last one and The steering wheel is on the correct side!!!!!!! B)

I work For a FORD dealership so I must brag!

As for the Number 1 Company Hey ya gotta admit we never asked Obama for money and have profitted 3 billion this quarter.

Now for the next Generation Ford Truck I would like to introduce...........the RAPTOR

User posted image

http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/

I think the the only thing that saved ford was the mustang sales, due to they are fast to introduce a new model. Being a pro mechanic for a number of years, I have allways wondered where ford gets there crazy ideas when building their cars/ trucks.

Like when they first introduced fuel injection, they designed a plentium intake out of plastic that extended over the right side valve cover, If the valve cover gasket leaked, you had to remove the entire intake manifould to replace the gasket. They messyed up the engine so bad you had to take a Jaws of life in there to spread the hoses and crap out of the way just to see the engine. When GM did theirs, the engine looked like a 65 chevelle, you could see and get to everything on it.

The twin I beam front suspension on the ford light truck. Cost $100 to align, the I beam had to be cold bent to align it.

dodge and chevy cost $30.00 to align. The I beam has such a swing arc, it would wear out the tires faster.

The full size explorer had a coil pack right in line with the gap in the hood, and when it rained water would run down on that coil pack rotting it out, along with the spark plug. To change the plug, it was sunk 8" down in the head on the trition engine and would collect dirt /debree down in there so if when you did pull out the spark plug all that sand and dirt would fall directly into the cyclinder.The engine looked like to pinto engines welded together.

The oil pressure sending unit on that same engine is only accessible from the bottom and is off set to one side and allmost impossible to get to. When installing a new one you have to use a universal joint on a 10" long extention and prey you dident cross thread it. If you did then the engine block is ruined.

The new ford light trucks with automatic transmission do not have a dipstick to check the trans fluid. Their idea is, that if you have trouble with it, just put in a new trans for $4,000

The new ford and crysler and GM vehicles all share the same computer system now ODB2 Designed buy crysler, built buy Delphi electronics wicth is a devision of General motors. So the ford has a crysler computer made buy GM. Along with the alteratior, How do you think they got them to be fairly reliable now.

Ford dident have the technoligy to make their own light truck Diesel engine for years so they had to use the international 7.3 power stroke/joke engine, They finely did make their own 6.2 diesel engine, it uses oil pressure to fire the injectors. Except it pressureises the engine oil to serveral thousand pounds of pressure to fire the injectiors, brakeing down the oil quickly, so it had better be changed on time.

Not my idea of a better idea. If you get one better trade it in before the warranty expires. Or as we say in the mechanics area, Getting bent over the hood and drilled good. But they do look pritty.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Well the new cars and trucks meet envirolment standards now days with the catletic coverters, 2009 diesel engines have to be smokeless now, I think theres only two engines that will meet the smokeless standards now.

But you want that baby to run? and last, drop in one of these 472 ci mopar HEMI crate engines. 750 hp it has enough power to twist it into 2 pieces LOL!

IPB Image

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~