Spartans Home

TACDOM Dec 4, 2009 - 2000 GMT

T_1

Friday is nearly here, and that means TACDOM is once again upon us.

Comms will be used in a more controlled manner. No needless chit chat, and at all times the Squad Leader has priority in channel. This applies equally to TS and to In Game Chat Text.

Gameplay. Everything will be run off the Squad Leaders, their decision on ALL squad matters is final. If you don't agree with it, then you can speak about it later, not while the game is going on.

Revives will be only done by Medics. If your medic(s) are down any surviving team member(s) can revive the medic, but only the medic.

There will be no horseplay or fooling around at the base or between AO's, your patience in this matter is appreciated, and will hopefully be rewarded with an enhanced style of gameplay for ALL players.

2IC will handle all team assignments, logistics, co-ordination of support, "Jippers" (Join in Progress Players) and most crucially Discipline.

If a player is not adhering to the standards which we expect, then they WILL be taken aside and spoken to by the 2IC regarding their actions, and returned to the game. For the second infringment of standards, then the players will be kicked from the game and spoken to in TS. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this. If necessary the 2IC and Mission Commander will *briefly* consult prior to the kick. The player will NOT be allowed back in the game channels.

It's been pointed out before, but we make no apologies for stating it again. If a player wants to fool around they have six days and a number of servers they can do it on.

One night a week those who wish can get together and play in a more Tactical manner. If you do not wish to adhere to the rules, the US Domination and AirDom Servers are available.

I can t wait to get the game finally working and be part of all of this !

Just one quick question:

When you set this event on Fridays 20.00 GMT (3 pm EST), what about a US player connecting, say, at 22.30 GMT? Is the session still going on at that time ? and till what time usually is going on?

Thank you.

I can t wait to get the game finally working and be part of all of this !

Just one quick question:

When you set this event on Fridays 20.00 GMT (3 pm EST), what about a US player connecting, say, at 22.30 GMT? Is the session still going on at that time ? and till what time usually is going on?

Thank you.

TacDom usually lasts as long as there are people still playing. While starting early in the day in the US, it can still keep going as long as there are interested players, who want to coordinate highly amongst each other. Typically, the server will devolve as people sign off in the evenings, but tha shouldn't be happening this week.

I wanted to suggest to the commanders that after we clear an AO that a squad or a few guys from a squad do a sweep along the outskirts of the AO to check for any stragglers or hidden armor before the evac chopper is brought in. We lost a lot of choppers that way last week.

Quick point for anyone who is joining Teamspeak and is thinking about being a Squad Leader. In Teamspeak you need to Set up Whispers to

Mission Commander

and

Team Assignment Room - 2IC

We will NOT be using Channel Commander

Quick point for anyone who is joining Teamspeak and is thinking about being a Squad Leader. In Teamspeak you need to Set up Whispers to

Mission Commander

and

Team Assignment Room - 2IC

We will NOT be using Channel Commander

Can't be there this week, unfortunately but a quick TS question in preperation for next week:

I have no whisper keys set but I can always here the CO speaking to my squad leader. In last weeks foray, I always heard T1 speaking to Andrewman & his replacements. Don't hear the squad leaders response though?

Example: After 2nd town, I think, when the tusk was badly damaged but we couldn't get an engineer, I heard T1 suggesting I should respawn at base to revive my repair skill & parajump back to the tank.

Is this normal, if it is made comms weird for me, hearing one half of a conversation all the time??????

Well I can't be sure, Watchman, but the way you're describing it sounds like T-1 had his "Whisper" bind set to the whole channel, not the particular squad leader. But the squad leader had his Whisper set directly to T-1 (or whatever channel T-1 was in).

But I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure... but that's what it sounds like to me.

The whisper was set up for the commander to talk to the whole channel, so that people would stop talking when the commander was trying to raise the TL. The reason the TL's response wasn't heard is because he had his whisper set only to the MC channel. This is almost the way we want it, I've just got to tweak it a bit and will export things out tomorrow.

UPDATE: As per this guide, there is no way that I know of to talk to your own channel, while at the same time whispering to the Mission Commander, unless you set your keybindings up when you get into game, which is not what we were striving for. But, if you are the TL for Bravo, for instance, and you want your squad to hear the full conversation between you and MC, you just have to add your channel to the "Whisper to - Mission Commander" key.

I think if you want to talk to your squad and the mission commander, you would bed your squad channel to the same whisper key.

The reason we haven't done it this was is so people can be moved out me one squad channel to another and not have to set anything up, or change anything. People are free to do this if the want as long as it does not interfere with other channels.

I'll be in but it will be later

3:00 pm is too early for me unless its a day off...which its not today

I'll prob make it on around 0100 GMT or 8:00 EST

Couple things I'm going to mention here before we start.

With the "2IC" channel, the I is actually a 1. You want to change that?

And for the tacdom mission, is there a chance we can change two of the engineers to pilots (just changing the player class and name to pilot instead of engineer) so that pilots look like pilots. They keep the engineer abilities and everything else.

The first mission went off really well I thought, much improved from 2 weeks ago, when I was last on. Organization was really good, even though we had a really tough town to take. We were at a disadvantage almost the whole mission, but made it through with few casualties. Sorry for anyone having to put up with my sinus-infected voice :)

A couple things we could work on. When the squad leader tells everybody to stay put behind cover and not fire, that means nobody fires and everybody stays put. If the sqad leader designates only 2 people to fire, that means nobody else fire except those two. The squad leader almost always has a good reason for the order he gives, and this is where the grunts get to give him the benefit of the doubt. :lol:

Like I said, great improvement overall though!

Eff me. I'm going to stay away from the cobra from now on.

And if you're going to keep helicopters in the hangars, we could use the tugs that were in an earlier version to get them out without having to fly them out.

And if you're going to keep helicopters in the hangars, we could use the tugs that were in an earlier version to get them out without having to fly them out.

If you cant fly them out of a hangar, then you shouldn't be flying!

Just kidding of course. It sounded good though.

Good games guys. Excellent work on Tholozor's part acting as point man for Bravo squad.

The 3 static weapons that spawn in the same spot bug needs to be fixed though. At the end of clearing Chernogorsk we encountered 3xIglas all covering different directions, a well as a Tunguska. I feel sorry for the chopper pilots...

Also had a bug with the F-35 not locking on to aircraft, but that's a problem with the game itself.

Did have some issues with people talking over the mission commander but it got a bit better towards the end.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

I'll move it out of the hanger, but I have flown it out repeatedly without incident and I am can barely fly compared to you.

Good games though. Some people do need to understand the comms etiquette, but nothing too troublesome. the first town was tough but I enjoyed it and didnt find it frustrating.

The tomfoolery was minimal as well.

Thanks to everyone for making it an enjoyable evening.

It's not that I can't fly it out. It's that I can't keep it flying due to various circumstances involving me (getting jumped by enemy aircraft, misjudging how well I can maneuver at speed, not realising that I can't pull out of a 235 XPH dive towards the ground, etc.) not the system.

But for the few transports I did, it was good.

Edited by AJsarge

Aw, sorry you missed out andrew, we'll just have to make sure next time is just as good if not better than the last.

But yea, yesterday was a blast, and thanks for the feedback MH6, I enjoyed taking point. If allowed, I'd like to fly CAS or CAP next week though.