Spartans Home

Spartans!

drew

Figured I should make my official introduction finally. Some of you may or may not recognize me :) I've logged about 80 hours in the last 2 months with you guys; and I have to say you gents are awesome! Its been a great place to get familiar with this beast of a "game".

A little about me.

My name is Drew, I've been making video games for about 5 years, I work at a studio in Kirkland, WA called Bungie. I'm very passionate about games, and very interested in participating within game communities, they can offer an experience unrivaled by your usual run of the mill shooter. I'm an extremely competitive gamer, my shooters of choice are Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, Halo, BF2, and now arma. I'm an avid street fighter player and I would say I'm in the top 10% of the world, recently arma has torn me away from my street fighter training. Arma has tapped into the other aspects of gaming that I love so much, the social and co-operative experience. I enjoy playing airsoft with my friends, making art/animation, and my winter passion snowboarding. Since I started playing with sparta I have been focusing on my piloting skills, and learning how to be the most effective on the ground. I've successfully piloted/completed around 20 side missions, I'm learning a lot about piloting and this game, the community here is invaluable for increasing my skill set, I look forward to continuing to increase my skills and playing with you guys.

tried to keep it short and sweet and give you guys a little more info on myself, I would love to get my forum status upgraded so I can PM folks, and I would love to join you guys at a more official capacity when you see fit.

cheers! see y'all on TS and on the ground

d

Welcome to the Official Legion of Sparta forums! Glad to have you. You will fit right in here with the tech heads, programmers, hardware experts, and rest of our Legion.

BTW, Bungie has release some outstanding games in recent and years past. Which games have you worked on, or will you have to kill us if you tell?

Thanks gents. To answer your questions. My official title here is Animator, I participate in character development, animation systems, game play, and (unofficially) dabble in game type design. In the past I've done, cinematic directing/animating, character design, concept art, special fx animation, mission design, and of coarse character animation. I worked on ODST and am currently on Reach, can't really say much more on the Bungie side of things, especially in writing on forums :D you understand. I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore techie but it obviously comes with the nature of my work and I would say I'm pretty savvy.

cheers

Hey Drew!

Welcome aboard. Sometime perhaps I can tap your vast knowledge of animation. I have dabbled in Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2 custom content development and could learn a thing or two. Don't worry, I wouldn't try to task you so much that you feel you are at work when you want to be relaxing and socializing with some gaming.

You just now posted, but didn't I see you around a few months ago for a period of time?

Hey Drew!

Welcome aboard. Sometime perhaps I can tap your vast knowledge of animation. I have dabbled in Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2 custom content development and could learn a thing or two. Don't worry, I wouldn't try to task you so much that you feel you are at work when you want to be relaxing and socializing with some gaming.

You just now posted, but didn't I see you around a few months ago for a period of time?

You're welcome to ask away, I may or may not be able to help you though :D Ya I've been playing here for a bit, just figured I would introduce myself so i can apply for the sparta tag and be able to PM people. Who's in charge of those permissions?

cheers,

-d