Spartans Home

Flying and driving MHQ on the main server

Zeno~SPARTA~

We will shortly be implementing a new bit of software that will limit access to the pilot/driver seat of choppers, fixed wings and mhqs to people that are on a database. The software developed by MH6 for SPARTA has been tested on KalXens server and performs as planned. Game moderators will be able to update the list of accepted pilots/drivers on the fly and the server should accept the change within minutes.

We have already compiled a list of names and IDs based on a variety of sources, but may have missed yours. Apologies if this is the case but it will be quickly fixed. Please be patient with us

The use of MHQs will be freely given to anyone on TS with the maturity to not deliberately put it into danger, chopper access will be given to those on TS that use them intelligently. The right to fly or drive can just as quickly be taken away, even on the move.

Thanks

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to emphasize that the privilege to fly is just that, a privilege. A very few have used the choppers in a very selfish and immature way, and therefore may not make the list. Taking the wreck chopper out when there aren't any wrecks, leaving the choppers at the AO constantly, and taking un-needed air assets to the AO have weighed on our decisions of who gets to fly. Same goes with the fast-movers. Those who bombard the AO well before the main ground force arrives, and those who use the air assets selfishly for long periods of time have been watched.

The vast majority, the people who fly intelligently, as Zeno says, by using good communication, coordinating with ground personnel before they take off, give their vehicles to someone else after a period of time, and play their proper role will have no problems getting in birds. Last I checked, I've never seen a pilot/sniper. :)

I also want to say that it has never been about ability with us, only good etiquette.

Very cool. Once we get the pilot class running we can add attack aircraft back in with the locks on them.

And thankyou Zeno. Adding me to the list didn't even take the 3 minutes you said it would to update.

Not sure if it's running or not but Zeno and I noticed yesterday that once 6 or so towns have been taken the server starts slowing down, to the point where it can take anywhere from 3 to 15 seconds or maybe even longer before kicking someone out of the chopper.