Spartans Home

For all the MW2 haters

Hunter~SPARTA~

Just thought you'd all like to know:

In spite of all of the backlash, boycotting, etc, after 1 week of sales, the PC version of MW2 has already outsold the PC version of the original Modern Warfare.

So much for sending Infinity Ward/Activision a message. :down:

lmao, you can't be serious?

IPB Image

lmao, you can't be serious?

IPB Image

I wish I was, but here's a link to the actual post by none other than FourZeroTwo, one of the IW staff:

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopi...art=20#p3035514

You'll need to click the above link, enter your birthdate, then come back and click the above link again to see the post. Again, this is for the "official" post. Otherwise, you can just read about it here:

http://www.destructoid.com/modern-warfare-...ss-155655.phtml

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

Hmmm, my experience is not statistical but anecdotal. I went to Best Buy and they were having problems keeping console versions on the shelf. However, the PC isle had like a couple of hundred copies and didn't seem to be moving at all. That was a week ago though.

Wow, I've never seen Best Buy carry that many copies of any PC game. The location I usually go to had all copies of MW2 in a locked case by the register, and I was in there just a day or two after release. It looked like they had only one row of PC copies, maybe 20 copies total, and a friend of mine who works there said that the PC copies were barely moving. I guess it just varies by location.

I would have to imagine that the large volume of sales has to do with the fact that a Steam account is required to play online; has anyone ever heard of Steam games being hacked to allow online play without a Steam account? Not that I'm interested in that, as I don't pirate games, and I'm getting MW2 as a gift.

What I'm wondering is what the future holds for online gaming: five or ten years from now, will the idea of dedicated servers seem quaint and archaic? Peer-to-peer has been the standard for consoles ever since they incorporated Internet connectivity, and for the time being, it looks like consoles are shaping the future of the gaming industry.

I'm guessing PC games, at least the good ones like we think about today, will be regulated to the ultra sim niche like they were back in the 90s. This will probably conist of more flight sims being produced, and less games like GRAW or MW2, or maybe even ARMA. It could be a good thing, though, weeding out the crappy titles.

rise up my brothers fight back against that tyranny that is call consoles they are destroying are fun and enjoyment all that will be left in the future is blizzard and Bohemia Interactive it is sad because all the Russian weapons and equipment are over powered OPFP:DR was crap MW2 was crap all that is left is arma oooohhh where is god when you need him!!??