Spartans Home

In-game VON problem

Ebden~SPARTA~

I noticed this week that my in-game VON isn't working. I've changed my ptt keys, un-muted my mike in my OS volume control, searched the BI forums, tried a TS suggestion, yelled at the mike, but no dice.

The game gives me the symbol that I've activated either PTT or audio-cue transmission for my voice, but it never actually transmits what I say. I can still HEAR people using in-game von.

Suggestions?

Strange maybe have a look at the settings in game where the volume is adjusted also check to see if there is a wave setting in your audio settings area.

My volume is fine, I can hear others well. It's me transmitting, or the game identifying that I'm speaking, that's a issue.

What do you mean by a 'wave setting'?

Ah-could the issues I had with AVG9.0 firewall have done something screwy with my ports? Does Arma transfer all information for a server through one port, or does audio take a different route?

Are you on TS at the same time you're trying to do this? Has this ever been a problem before?

Some mics (mainly non-USB mics) only allow one program to use them at a time.

Just a thought.

- JHunter

Good thought...

I tried both with TS running and then a restart w/o turning on TS yesterday. Didn't work. I use a basic logitec USB mike/headset.

I remember some issues with BF2's von, maybe a similar solution? Googlizing....

DICE gave us more controls over our audio in a 2005 release than did BI four years later. crap. The solutions for BF2 issues don't give me any help.

The only other thing that might be an issue are drivers. I haven't done any updates, but through the jigs and reels one might be corrupt. If I wasn't installing Win7 tomorrow, I'd dig around to update my drivers, but I'll wait to see how it goes with the new os.

Dammit, no, I'll start tonight. Maybe.

The key to flexibility is indecision.