Spartans Home

Sahrani Domination Base Issue (MH6 or Xal please read)

BuzzDog

I have been playing on the Sparta Sahrani domination server quite a bit lately. I have noticed an issue on this map with domination. On the US domination west server there is a red box that outlines the base area. When ever an enemy gets close to the base crossroads gives a warning as well when enemy enter the base. On the Sahrani map there is no red outline and no warnings are given until fixed assets are destroyed, i.e. service areas. You also can not reset your engineering ability when ever you return to base. Once you use your initial repair you are only able to repair a piece of equipment if you have a salvage truck close to you.

I am do not know anything about the scripting involved to set up domination. But I am guessing that on the Sahrani map that the area of the base has not been established in the script.

Another suggestion for the Sahrani map, I have already mentioned this to Zeno. The rewards given for the side missions are air assets only. On the list of rewards is the UH-1Y. Seeing as how the default chopper 1 and 2 are UH-1Y's, could these be removed from the reward list and perhaps replaced by some ground assets such as a HUSK or other heavy armor piece.

Regarding the UH-1Y, we have attempted to use the laser designator on it to mark targets but have had no success. I have not tried it on the normal domination server so I can not confirm that it works there or not. If anyone has any experience utilizing it successfully would you be able to give insight on it, or perhaps log on to Sahrani sometime when we have at least 3 players on TS to confirm how it works?

Thanks in advance,

Buzz

Both the engineer restore and the 'enemy in base' code use triggers. I'm guessing they aren't setup properly. I already have quite a long todo list personally, so hopefully the map creator can fix it. If not, I'll see if I can fix it in my spare time this weekend.

I created that 1.12 version but the bugs presaged that. I assume there is a boundAry missing. I can take a look and might upgrade it to 1.17 as well as long as we have enough players interested in Sahrani. The server is typically empty.

I'm one who has interest in using Sahrani, I'd like to see more use.

KalXen,

I played around a little bit on your beta build of Sahrani Domination last night when you logged out. You are still not able to reset your repair ability when playing an engineer class. I was able to use my initial repair, but after that I was required to have a salvage truck next to me. I walked on foot around all areas of the base, including the area to the North where the bonus vehicles spawn and the area just to the west of it. I was not able to find any area that I could reset the ability.

I was not aware of any other changes that you did make so I did not test anything else. In the future if you need me to test any changes, could you please provide a change log listing what has been updated / changed so I can specifically test them.

Thanks in advance,

Buzz

Given that was the only thing that jumped out for you, honestly that was a fairly good update of Sahrani. I'll take a look at the base issue, there must be either an object missing or some kind of coordinate system missing to establish where the 'base' is to reset the engineer ability.

My quick overlook:

1) AO's worked, radiotower/secondary/camps all spawned (BTW, all that in a 200m town is hilariously close, so I expanded the towns a bit)

2) vehicles appeared as needed, with respawn code active

3) Ammo box was in place and usable

4) Still have the UH1Y's, and may move them.

Given that was the only thing that jumped out for you, honestly that was a fairly good update of Sahrani. I'll take a look at the base issue, there must be either an object missing or some kind of coordinate system missing to establish where the 'base' is to reset the engineer ability.

My quick overlook:

1) AO's worked, radiotower/secondary/camps all spawned (BTW, all that in a 200m town is hilariously close, so I expanded the towns a bit)

2) vehicles appeared as needed, with respawn code active

3) Ammo box was in place and usable

4) Still have the UH1Y's, and may move them.

One thing to note, Buzz and I found this last week, was air asset rewards have a limited number of places to spawn. If enough rewards are earned without moving the asset, then they will stack and be unuseable. I had two F35s stacked/overlapped and figured there was only one way to find out, so I boarded one and they both exploded, along with the several other stacked air assets next to the jets.

Yuck! But funny.

.... and the list grows................................

I'd put that last one as a lower priority for several reasons.

-It's unlikely that someone in the server will allow that many assets (over 8, I think) to backup at the original spawn points without putting them to use (after Buzz and I learned this, we moved assets to free up the spawn locations).

-The problem is easily recoverable by air-lifting the wrecks to the repair point.

-Now that we know, the informal task for base-asset management will remind us to watch for crowded spawn

I fixed the engineer issue on the Sahrani map. As MH6 will concur, it was a very simple fix right in front of my eyes.. I guess all the code just made my eyes cross for the several days and hours it took for me to find it.

I am in the midst of updating the map to include all of the same code we use for the main Domination 1.17 map so we can stay consistent. I have a few minor tweaks on the map itself to go but it will be finished this morning and ready for Zeno to post.