Spartans Home

KalXen's Dom 1.17 Massive AO

KalXen~SPARTA~

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mighta done it already, but if not, could you please fix artillery so it can be used indirectly? These big AOs would be excellent for supporting artillery fire.

You just need to call

[_veh] call BIS_ARTY_F_initVehicle;

for all artillery pieces upon creation.

This sounds good to me, but as someone who loves to fly I have a request. Take away everything but LGBs for ground attack, and make a CAP role useful. If there was a lot of enemy air power that needed to be kept in check then having either CAP or fighters ready to role to intercept to enemy air assets would be a good thing. Could we have one or 2 pilot characters in the game who are the only people able to fly jets, and can basically only carry a side arm?

I like the idea of cap and like the F35, I wont say any more for fear of sounding like a broken record. We would also have to limit acces to those pilot slots to certain individuals, otherwise non TS people will definitely wreck them or people on TS who get the bloodlust will start shooting up the ao without being asked for support.Kal and Strongharm both tell me we can integrate a list into the map, but I was hoping for a more elegant solution, which has not yet transpired.

Kal great job on the map I think it was a big hit on the server and had some great games, well done. A good idea well executed.

You mighta done it already, but if not, could you please fix artillery so it can be used indirectly? These big AOs would be excellent for supporting artillery fire.

You just need to call

[_veh] call BIS_ARTY_F_initVehicle;

for all artillery pieces upon creation.

Which file is this in MH6, do you remember offhand?

This sounds good to me, but as someone who loves to fly I have a request. Take away everything but LGBs for ground attack, and make a CAP role useful. If there was a lot of enemy air power that needed to be kept in check then having either CAP or fighters ready to role to intercept to enemy air assets would be a good thing. Could we have one or 2 pilot characters in the game who are the only people able to fly jets, and can basically only carry a side arm?

Sneaky - maybe its this flu I can't shake or I'm just plain dumb today, but what is CAP or LGB?

As for adding the pilot slots - I'm mixed - these slots will likely just get sat on until a plane shows up, and the real tweak is to check for if they are on a list of trusted pilots that we'd maintain or on TS.

MH6 - did you have any luck looking into the SQL DB, or local file DB concepts?

Just wanted to say GREAT JOB Guys

The new map is EXCELLENT (BIG AO's are the Way to Go) and had a great time playing it tonight with you chaps!

Thanks again

Awesome work Kal, I can't wait to play this on the US Dom server.

As for the pilot problems - I'm still for putting in a dedicated Pilot class, and simply moderating that class to people only on Teamspeak, obviously make it so that only people on that class can pilot. It seems to me like it would be a LOT easier to moderate a class than every single individual not on Teamspeak. Also, once that class is filled with Teamspeak players (which I'm sure we would have plenty of pilots during prime time to fill the slots, which is normally when the chaos with the aircraft is most frequent) the admins will almost have to completely have to stop worrying about who's flying and whether they're on Teamspeak.

ALSO, this will eliminate the problem of not knowing whether the individual flying an aircraft is really on Teamspeak or not (since the name that shows up next to the vehicle being driven or piloted has been proven to be constantly wrong) it would take nothing but a few seconds to check who's in the Pilot class slots and who's on Teamspeak, rather than asking around or possibly kicking someone who should not have been kicked.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

Which file is this in MH6, do you remember offhand?

Sticking it after the createVehicle call in x_createdrop.sqf (assuming the drop is an artillery piece) will fix the artillery the team leaders can request, and after the createVehicle call in scripts\unload_static.sqf will fix the artillery pieces created when you "unload" them from the Salvage trucks.

Sneaky - maybe its this flu I can't shake or I'm just plain dumb today, but what is CAP or LGB?

As for adding the pilot slots - I'm mixed - these slots will likely just get sat on until a plane shows up, and the real tweak is to check for if they are on a list of trusted pilots that we'd maintain or on TS.

MH6 - did you have any luck looking into the SQL DB, or local file DB concepts?

At first I thought ArmALib supported it, but I found out it was only for ArmA1 (and doesn't seem to work for ArmA2), so one night I tried writing my own proxy DLL to add SQL support--and while the proxy DLL worked as it was supposed to, I didn't really know where to go from there. Hooking into the scripting system and adding custom commands is by no means easy, and I didn't really know where to start. I expect programmers who write hacks and the like could have an easier time of it (since both require the same methods), but that's not something I do so I have no experience with it. After that night I never really looked into it again.

Also, CAP = Combat Air Patrol, LGB = Laser Guided Bomb

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

What's the possibility of putting a password on the server and only allowing trusted members on to play. That way no one would have to moderate it all.

I know this would mean we'd have less people on but we'd also have a lot less issues. Last night TK'ing was a real problem and a huge detractor from the mission and fun factor of playing together.

I do agree that the Pilot Class is a GREAT idea and I'm all for it although, I have no idea if its even feasible or not.

What's the possibility of putting a password on the server and only allowing trusted members on to play. That way no one would have to moderate it all.

We already run a locked dom server, it's the tacdom server in the UK. Stick around in TS Friday afternoon/evening and watch where the rest of us congregate. Come in and join tacdom, coordinated tactical ground. There's a thread on the subject. Ask in TS for the PW.

WoooHoo

Will do!

Thanks

We already run a locked dom server, it's the tacdom server in the UK. Stick around in TS Friday afternoon/evening and watch where the rest of us congregate. Come in and join tacdom, coordinated tactical ground. There's a thread on the subject. Ask in TS for the PW.

A couple things to change/add

A. Remove all humvees from the rewards. With the respawning set we don't need any more.

B. Change the HH-60 that delivers ammo/humvees to a C130. Makes for faster deliveries in the southern regions of the map.

C. remove the ammo boxes that are sitting behind the MASH. Try adding one or two like the ones you can load onto the MHQ.

D. Add MH6's FARPS in, or just make them where you currently have the vehicle service points. And maybe remove the vehicles already there.

Otherwise, some very nice changes to the map.

A couple things to change/add

A. Remove all humvees from the rewards. With the respawning set we don't need any more.

B. Change the HH-60 that delivers ammo/humvees to a C130. Makes for faster deliveries in the southern regions of the map.

C. remove the ammo boxes that are sitting behind the MASH. Try adding one or two like the ones you can load onto the MHQ.

D. Add MH6's FARPS in, or just make them where you currently have the vehicle service points. And maybe remove the vehicles already there.

Otherwise, some very nice changes to the map.

fraps are a prooblem caus of para time limt .if you cant para as much as you want you dont need the fraps the only diffrent between them and vehicle service is the para.

i think kalxen,you should leave it as it is for a while.

Permit me to comment if I may.

I like A and B.

C the ammo boxes can be removed and more gear can be thrown into the main ammo box. Since we have limited the airborne AT having six smaws makes more sense. Xeno limited the box to 2 HEAA smaws to balance the game. But with more armour, battle of the bulge counter attacks and no airbourne AT six smaws seems reasonable now.

D Why remove the vehicles from the service points, I was hoping to encourage more use of convoys to displace from one place to another. All vehicles can hold some weapons and ammo, so even though they connot load an ammo box they can carry more gear which makes them useful. Of course they are not being used to get to AO's, instead they are being used for their limited assault capability and mostly getting quickly killed. What did you want from that was in the FARP

Yep, agreed. I'd say for the Sparta DOM maps we will try to homogenize the main items that people like such as the ammo box placements, etc. So once Zeno has it worked out I'll merge it into the BIG AO.

Other things being worked on:

1) Counterattacks: tweaking these a bit more on balance and challenge.

2) New mission actions: Enemy has been getting wise to our use of MHQs, so they might send teams to seek and destroy them.

3) Idan's two items (Remove all humvees from the rewards. Change the HH-60 that delivers ammo/humvees to a C130.)

4) Administrative code is being worked on by MH6 for controlling who can be a pilot on fixed wing.