Spartans Home

Another FNG

Stang~SPARTA~

Hello All,

My name is Tejay (my online nic is Stang) and I'm a fellow gamer, mainly from the flight sim and FPS communities. Locally I hail from the Southeastern US in SC but I'm currently living in GA. Basic nomenclature as follows: 46, Male, happily married and life long simulation gamer (flight Sims, Battlefield(x), Call of Duty, etc). I typically play under the handle of "Stang" as my father was in the USAF and worked on P-51 Mustangs and the I've had the nickname since I was in the service. I was the original founder and still partner of Fighter Ops (www.fighterops.com) I am a former Army Aviator (OH58's) from the 1/151st (back about 100 years ago or so (at least that's what it feels like sometimes) and I am interested in learning more about your group, how you guys work together and the possibility of joining up;...if you take on older, slower, slightly fatter ex-Army guys that still still enjoy simulation and the camaraderie of a tight nit group.

Frankly I have just discovered ARMA II in the last couple of months or so and I'm enjoying learning it however, seeing a bunch of loud mouth, snot nosed 12 year olds, running around, dancing and acting like a bunch of pure uneducated fools, instead of working as a team, following orders, having fun and kicking the crap out of the other guys...ticks me off. I'm sure with all the experience here you guys have seen it too: "hey dumb ass, get off that ridge line"..."but why, I can see good up here"...."POP"..."MEDIC". Wash, rinse, repeat, wash, rinse, repeat. Same old dumb kids, and adults too (mostly with no common sense or military training, doing the same dumb stuff over and over again. I think they're perfect for Quake, but just crap up the game for fellas that want to play and enjoy winning for a change. Its gets very old very quickly getting shot in the face from friendly fire, because some kid's board and wants to shoot someone before he exits out of the game.

As far as joining the Spartans, I'm not sure I'm qualified to do so. I have played games most of my life and always enjoyed the FPS genre. As I get older my reflexes and eyes get worst and I'm slower than I was as young man. I do enjoy the camaraderie and closeness of a tight nit group and the structure of a team where people work together for a change. I think I have basically average skills as a rifleman and can follow orders and act in a meaningful manner to the overall goals of the team. I really enjoy, as you might expect, the aviation aspect of the simulation and as such, I think my skills are better piloting an aircraft than in a close quarters firefight. My availability is pretty open on the weekends and most evenings during the week. I also enjoy chatting in the forums and associating with other team members.

Other than that, I'm a pretty laid back non opinionated kind of guy, who enjoys having a good time and and playing ARMA 2 with you guys.

Regards

Tejay

Woot!

Welcome. You'll fit right in. Many of us, I venture to say "most", are uber old. You should fit right in. Just get to know the guys and continue to play with us. Don't be shy about saying "hi" to members in other channels, so long as you are polite and don't interrupt their tactical comms (wait for an opening). Don't worry that you might not play that particular game.

For an official request to join, see the "Joining Sparta" thread. You may not see that thread until your forum access priveleges are upped, that will likely happen after you play a few times with us.

Welcome to the forums Stang and thanks for introducing yourself on TS and saying hi allways good to meet new people interested in the same things we are.

Custard

Thanks Guys

I'm enjoying playing ARMA2 with you fellas and look forward to meeting the rest of you

I hope everyone has a great weekend

Tejay

Welcome to the forums Stang and thanks for introducing yourself on TS and saying hi allways good to meet new people interested in the same things we are.

Custard

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Great time this evening playing

have a good one

Dam...this is better than the first day on a new job in an office full of women.

....except....where's all the HOT WOMEN

:lol:

Dam glad my B-day is in Jan...right after Christmas then

:D

Viiiper has them all, he stores them up for Birthdays and Christmas....... not long to wait......

• 2 months later...

hehe

Sorry to resurrect, and hijack, this thread, but Stang invited me (and dude named DMarkwick) here. Rather than spam with a new thread, I figured I'd glom onto his.

In a former life I was heavily involved in flight sims - particularly Falcon 4.0 - and community dev of it. It was in that context I met and... uh... interacted with Stang. ;) I guess you could say we hit it off right away... sorta.... eventually :D I was known as T Rex or some variation of it in those forums.

Anyway, I missed out on OFP, but was caught by ArmA, and now ArmA2. DM and I and another guy have a slow-paced, narrowly-focused, quality-oriented mod group called JTD. He's the main one - his Fire and Smoke Addon is incredibly good, I highly recommend it.

I've never formally been in the military (for various reasons), but spent several years of my youth as a Navy brat, as my dad was a naval aviator. Many of my family have been different branches of the US military, but not the Marines. (Everyone scored too high on the IQ tests.) ;) In terms of gameplay, I like tactically-driven, though not necessarily military precision, type experiences.

Part of the reason for my appearance here is that from time to time, JTD may need some help with MP testing of stuff. Always good to have a group of people to reach out to for that. :D

Well, it looks like a nice site you have here, and I look forward to hanging around a bit with ya'alls. :)

T

Edited by Trexian

Hi guys. Yes me & TRexian are refugees from Frugalsworld :D and I see one or two names I recognise from various places. I'm registered as DM over there BTW. Like TRexian my main current interest is ArmA2, we produce small but focused addons for personal use, which often make the leap to general release.

Looking forward to joining one of your servers, I historically haven't done much MP in ArmA2 but recently I've been doing less modding and more enjoying. Which is a cycle I regularly go through ;)

Edited by DMarkwick

Great post Stang I'll look forward to seeing you on the servers maybe you could teach me a few things and the rest of the former service men in Sparta as well ie Durka ;) BTW you said your a flight simmer do you play Black Shark at all? I ask because im getting the game and would like to have fellow Spartans to join up with in MP. Good to see another team player added to the list!

Holy Hell...TRex and DMarkwick are here too....there goes the neighborhood :P :clapping:

First off, don't believe/listen to a dang this TRex says, as he's a legal ambulance chasing, word purist court jocky...and no matter what he says, I'm really a nice guy. DMarkwick is OK unless he's been listening to TRex or drinking too much :)

Second off, welcome to the forums Guys. Looking forward to shooting you in the ba..., uh I mean playing with you...in a non-homo, online multi player gaming kind of way :lol:

Hey SkeleTele, as far as that teaching you guys something...you can forget that, especially Durka, he's already forgot more than I'll ever know :D . I am working on a Air Dom MOD to update the Air Dom Server and TRex and several others on the BI Forums (no that's not BI-Sexual Forums, its Bohemia Interactive) and The MOD GOD's here, have been helping tremendously. I hope to have it done in about 5 or 6 years and then we can try it out :rolleyes:

BTW...Hey TRex thanks for hijacking my thread...I wouldn't have it any other way!

Great post Stang I'll look forward to seeing you on the servers maybe you could teach me a few things and the rest of the former service men in Sparta as well ie Durka ;) BTW you said your a flight simmer do you play Black Shark at all? I ask because im getting the game and would like to have fellow Spartans to join up with in MP. Good to see another team player added to the list!
Edited by Stang~SPARTA~