Spartans Home

Zenos modification of Xenos Domination

Zeno~SPARTA~

I have never got involved in modding or scripting, but because we have so many who know what they are talking about I thought I would have a bash at something simple.

Sparta Domi Beta 2 is running on the Tac dom and locked UK server.

We played Tac Dom on Beta 1 yesterday

It has the UH1Y and MV22 lift vehicles (lift plus ammo) (chopper 2 + 3)

The UH1Y was ok last night but the MV22 was not used, its just too cumbersome.

In Beta 2 I replaced all but 2 of the trucks on the field with

5 HMMVs Mk 2

1 Mk19

1 Tow

1 M1097 Avenger

1 LAV25

1 Ammo truck

1 MTVR

(I havent tested it but these vehicles should respawn)

A while ago someone asked if we could deploy in Hmmvs instead of choppers (I think it was Super 6-4), I thought it was difficult to move too far with them, but liked the idea. Now for Tac dom we can move in a convoy that can defend itself. You need to bring the ammo truck to re arm, but engineers can repair and refuel. The Tow is not meant to be very effective but its better than nothing

Beta 3 - Tac Dom

I am trying (but have partially failed so far) to have the MTVR load and unload ammo boxes. I will keep trying.

I will get rid of the wreck chopper and make it a lift chopper as well. This way we would be able to move 4 hmmvs at a time quickly into a position that is not too far from the objective. In effect we could recreate a Farp somewhere in the centre of the map.

I may get rid of the Osprey as its is cumbersome to get into position.

If anyone has any other thoughts on the balance of equipment please let me know.

This is a dulled down version of MH6's and Strongharms excellent work but it designed to meet a specific need.

Nice, I have been trying to practice with the Osprey but I'm no were near competent yet. We do need more competent Pilots for the Osprey to be worthwhile.

As for Ammo we could always really on squad/team leaders to call in drops.

Good work Zeno. I enjoyed it yesterday and like the idea of using light vehicles in tac dom.

I think another idea for tac dom could be to use the unarmed version of the Little Birds called MH-6 which are designed to come in very low and bring small amount of troups into hot zones.

Maybe its worth a try.

I have been practicing with the Osprey as well, the only thing I could think of that might make it more useful is giving it an MHQ capability that would allow people to spawn at it when landed, or spawn in it when flying. I'm not sure if going about this is too much trouble, or how it would impact the game. At some point I feel we are getting too good with the MHQ's and avoiding any exercise.

At some point I feel we are getting too good with the MHQ's and avoiding any exercise.

I agree, there will come a day when two designated Pilots should do all the shuttling to the AO, one lifting off as the other starts to return.

We did work without MHQs for a couple of weeks, but when we start with 4 people there is concern about all getting wiped out, but we will go back to no MHQs, thats why I want to put ammo into one of the vehicles.

Maybe I should scrap that idea and allow ammo boxes in the Hmmvs.

I have been practicing with the Osprey as well, the only thing I could think of that might make it more useful is giving it an MHQ capability that would allow people to spawn at it when landed, or spawn in it when flying. I'm not sure if going about this is too much trouble, or how it would impact the game. At some point I feel we are getting too good with the MHQ's and avoiding any exercise.

Not a bad idea, but all-in-all the blackhawks are fully capable with the number of people in the server, short of the rare circumstance (which I've never seen), of a large halo drop. The Osprey is large, cumbersome, slow to land, and a much bigger target for enemy fire. From what I read on an ARMA II-wiki, I think about the Berserk MP gamemode, the advantage of the osprey is altitude and speed. I could see its use in a high-player count scenario, but otherwise it's mostly a waste of scripting in Sparta Dom.

Still, I like the vehicle, and setting it as an (or the) MHQ could definitely change the game dynamic. The MHQ would have to be set further from the AO, and possibly require more defensive support via forward ground teams or other air searching for AA. Depending on what players could do from it, and Osprey MHQ would step between the wheeled MHQ and FARP.

I have moved the mv22 to the slot 4 and the UH1Y to 3.

I have added a salvage truck

I have added 5 tanks

Problems

Salvage truck does not respawn

I put the avenger in a salvage truck spot and now you need to be an engineer to drive it

The ammo truck does not rearm anything.

The MV22 in the wreck chopper slot doesnt lift anything

Tanks do not lift despite adding them to the lift script

Fixes

Put Salvage truck in its original postion

Eliminate the MV22

To do

Add little birds (unarmed as if I recall correctly armed carry few people) - 4 behind the main choppers

Add map marker addon

The ammo truck does not rearm anything.

I can try to write a script that will at least rearm all spawnable vehics when i.e closer than 3m to the ammo truck.

What I need is a list of the names of the spawnable vehics and the ammo truck(s).

I maybe can try to make it also for all the Bonus vehicles but you have to know with what name they will appear.

Then I will write the script, make an example mission and you can just copy and paste the trigger + the script I generated in this example mission to your dom-mission (in editor + mission folder). Then pbo it and try it out.

Kav thanks for your offer, before I ask you to waste any time I need to take another step in my map making skills.

I will try something today

Try adding

TR4 setAmmoCargo 1;
TR5 setAmmoCargo 1;

before the final line:

if (true) exitWith {};

in file x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf

This is assuming the two ammo trucks are still named TR4 and TR5. Bit of a hack, but it works.

Sorry

Thanks MH6, I think they may be called xvec 5 and 9, but I have found another solution

I have gone back to the having the utility vehicles as they were.

This will only be for the Tactical Domination Server

At the base I have added

2 LAV25s

4 M1A2 Tusks (lift choppers can lift tanks)

4 M2 hummers

2 TOW humers

2 Avengers

4 MH6s

2 AH6s

I have added 4 (land) Vehicle service points around the map

017 076

098 049

021 102

110 100

Each has 2 M2 hummers 1 tow and 1 Avenger

So I will need to add the little bird mod to the server (and add the key). Obviously to join the server you will need the mod (which I will upload to our download site).

The idea is that on Tac dom night we will have the choice of assault method.

With the mini Farps we could chopper to them and deploy by hummer

We can have a combined assault using multiple vehicles

We can do a tank assault

Problems

Vehicle respawn, the vehicles dont respawn and they cant be picked up by the wreck chopper. I can add them to the bonus vehicle list which in turn adds them to the vehicles that can be picked up by the wreck chopper. But I need to find a respawn script.

I am sure more will surface

Littlebird download http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Ga...LittleBirds.rar

The Tac dom test server is running, usual tac dom password.

To Do

Add ammo boxes at 4 resupply points

add map marker mod

Z-could you add a physical ring around the new vehicle service point at HQ (and any others lacking the feature). Just like on the other veh. svc. pt, it helps with keeping the area clear of other objects and gittin' a vehicle in place.

Thought you might be interested in this class for campaigns with fewer people:

Repair trucks become ammo trucks as well.

From http://www.arma2.com/comref/comref.html

vehicle setAmmoCargo ammoCargo

Operand types:

vehicle: Object

ammoCargo: Number

Type of returned value: Nothing

Description:

Sets the amount of ammo resources in the cargo space of a repair vehicle. Ammo resources are used to resupply vehicles; soldiers use individual magazines instead. An amount of one indicates a full cargo.

Example:

rearmTruckOne setAmmoCargo 0

Very helpful bud, and you have helped in other ways as I pilfered the respawn script from your airdom mission.

Ebden I am not sure what you mean, but if we have a chat I am sure I can ask someone how to do it.

Thanks also to MH6 and Kav, now the MTVR can load ammo at the ammo point or near an ammo box, it can unload anywhere.

All the vehicles respawn at their original spot.

The MH60s can lift the Tusks so that we can use them around the map.

The resupply points have a variety of ammo boxes

Yet again tonight we assaulted vibor using the MTVRs and it was one of the fastest take downs I have seen, Luggages idea to use them is what motivated me to go down this route for Tac Dom.

Todo

I accidentally left a teleport flag (on the map) near one of the resupply points.

Add the map marker addon (if possible for TAC dom this week, if not for next week)

Ebden I am not sure what you mean, but if we have a chat I am sure I can ask someone how to do it.

I could have been more clear, sorry. I meant a helipad-like marker, the white ring on terrain, giving us a visual reference on the ground to the vehicle service point. Last I saw the service point was only marked on the nav map by its yellow box.