Spartans Home

ANNOUNCEMENT: Sparta Vs. Everyone Tourney

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

that was a lot of fun!

I really enjoyed flanking the rear of an enemy squad of 5 and taking them all out :)

though we lost that one :(

great game!

You nailed us fair n square, Strongharm was on point and he just got in if you had another just there we wouldn't have won

GGS all

GGs guys. We faced some pretty tough competition. I'm not sure how the final result went, but we were tied when I had to leave. How'd it go?

Phisher, no worries bud. I know some groups may, but Sparta DOES NOT intentionally stack teams. If that were the case, we would never have lasted this long. :)

Also, I want to extend a huge thanks to Dai for keeping comms clean and orderly and placing new joiners where they were supposed to be. I hate that he didn't get a chance to play, but he did a great job. Thanks Dai!

I also want to say I had a great time, and comletely lost track of time, until the wife came in yelling at me for missing family time. wups, hehe :)

I wanted to put on this that since this *possibly will become a regular thing, I just wanted to put it out there to folks that we need to remember our roles as attackers and defenders. I realize that with every other game we've played the "offense is the best defense" approach has always been the excuse for defenders to head straight for the attackers' spawn point. While it is "legal," it doesn't really hold with the spirit of the gametype, and I personally would like to discourage that in the future, and get started off on the right foot. I may be the only one who believes this, so won't really "enforce" it, but I just wanted people to try their best to keep with that spirit and actually defend. And I'm not calling out anyone individually. I just went through the trouble of making these gametypes for us to enjoy a nice tactical approach to TvT. I think I've tried to explain the wazoo out of that, so I'll end now, lol. See you guys on the battlefield!

EDIT: I accidently phrased a part of this post in a totally wrong way. Apologies to the person referenced and it was totally out of context. Feel free to blow me up next time you see me in game.

I also want to say I had a great time, and comletely lost track of time, until the wife came in yelling at me for missing family time. wups, hehe :)

I just wanted to put it out there to folks that we need to remember our roles as attackers and defenders. I realize that with every other game we've played the "offense is the best defense" approach has always been the excuse for defenders to head straight for the attackers' spawn point. While it is "legal," it doesn't really hold with the spirit of the gametype.

I understand the pull to family time, it's much better than doghouse time. That was why I had to leave after just a couple matches. Although seeing the phrase "killed by PANiC" so many times reminded me of trying to play my kid's COD4 game, the brief bout was still good fun. I want to try some vehicle or combined arms combat next, which was the event following the infantry rounds?

As far as maintaining the gametype roles, AII might permit some added incentives to stay on the defensive. Cap the flag or capture the hill gameplay, if I'm not too far off, came about because it was hard to put some other objective in an MP map; CTF was scripted to be a # of players w/in a given radius. It was scriptable, stable, and replayable. It's persisted because we understand how the gametype works. I argue that the talent on these forums can help CTF evolve. I'll make another post in the AII section with an idea. The changes I don't think are complex to implement, but they would change how players interpret the role of attack and defend in a game map.