Spartans Home

Beta test of Strongharms Air Dom

Zeno~SPARTA~

Air Dom beta 3 played really nice no crashes to desk top game play is alot smoother in both US Dom , Air Dom good

job guys. now if we can get some Appachie Helo, some F-16 ground attack, air attack, close support, and multi role

action and some B-52 bombers that would be nice

post-516-1256652016_thumb.jpg

No, really, the intro sequence is lots of fun. Possible to to do a cut + paste on the intro script to permit a second assault after, say 4-6 towns drop? I imagine a warning similar to the 'reinforcement/not ready to give up xyz' script that runs every so often in Dom, except it gives a warning that radar has picked up an incoming second strike. I don't know how long it takes for an SU to fly from one side of the map across, but that might be a suitable timing to insert, just enough time for aware gamers to hastily regroup and take flight for air-to-air combat.

I am currently working on a script that will spawn a few SU34s and SU25s at the border of the map to start an air-attack either at one of the FARPs or at the base. I will set it off every 30 minutes with a warning-message that there will be an attack in 2 minutes so everybody can prepare for the defense.

Only thing is that I have to figure out how I can activate the trigger for the FARP. Strongharm told me that the FARPs are named as XFARP1A and XFARP2A and when not deployed they are still somewhere at the border of the map.

So I thought to activate the script and so to activate an attack at one of the FARPs I have to make use of the distance between base and FARP.

like:

? (XFARP1A distance Base) <= 2000 : goto "SU_Attack"

that should work.

If anybody has another idea for example a chopper or a tank attack or something else let me know.

I'm unsure what was supposed to be implemented in the beta3, but I have a short report from hopping on this AM with Buzz and Darknight. (8:30NLtime, 12GMT)

We were trying to clear out an AO, and I was giving the artillery air show, but when Buzz never saw my arty after 2min we checked the map for locations again...his AO was Staroye, mine was Gosvondo. Dark also showed Staroye. Buzz left and came in again, and his AO was Gosvondo. Same issue earlier, causing a stuck AO b/c nobody can find the secondary obj Governor.

All future updates will wait for MH6 Dom.

Sparta Air Domination Beta3

includes the following updates:

-Urban Patrol Script implemented for AI aircraft

-Increased skill level of all opfor pilots

-All wrecks disappear after short interval (decrease CTDs, increase FPS)

-Removed buggy UAV scripts

-31 SU34s attack the Airfield autonomously

-Each of the SU34s in the initial base attack respawn randomly for a second attack

-Three flights of three Su34s randomly patrol Charn (2min respawn) with a very high skill rating.

-opfor Patrol aircraft call other wings for backup if within 2500m

-Added HMMWV/M2s on patrol at the base (2min respawn) to lure in the enemy and kill TKers

-Moved AA around a bit

-Moved Helos around so they wouldn't be as crowded

-Added reload missiles command to MLRS action wheel, this fixes a bug and gives unlimited ammo (MLRS at MHQ2)

-Altered paths of friendlies on base

I appreciate the feedback and kind comments. I'll be working on B52 and F16 specific scripts while I run the vanilla through beta. Once AirDom is stable and complete, I'll be testing 'Sparta Airforce Domination'. If we're nice to Zeno he may put it up on a US server.

Thanks for your assistance with scripting MH6. I appreciate your time and knowledge.

Good work, but don't bother waiting for my map update. Just keep at it. My map update will be a complete overhaul anyway; I'll be getting rid of a lot of the fluff code for features no one really uses, and hopefully keeping the map simple and streamlined in the process. This will be a complete rewrite using Domination 1.12 as a base--so it probably won't be out for a while yet.

Had a blast dog-fighting SUs last night though.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Zeno - one thing we may need to fix is that I think the server.cfg is not defaulting back to that map in mission cycle. Had to log into the server last night and restart the map for folks as the server was just sitting idle with no map chosen.

Some maps dont load properly, but I will take another look.

I may switch this back to the uk server, where we have more free bandwidth and more Ram. Domination is a ram hog

People have to stop focusing on the ping, I play with high ping all the time and it doesnt make a blind bit of difference.

I still CTD within the first minute of joining the game, if the map is in progress. If I join it empty as it is just beginning I get about 10 minutes in.

It is probably client side, I am switching to Windows 7 soon. Like I mentioned before I am running Nvidia which you said might be the issue.

I still CTD within the first minute of joining the game, if the map is in progress. If I join it empty as it is just beginning I get about 10 minutes in.

It is probably client side, I am switching to Windows 7 soon. Like I mentioned before I am running Nvidia which you said might be the issue.

I had a crash yesterday on the night-tac dom similar to what I get on airdom. Could it be a common client issue with graphics and night lighting? A test might be to run Airdom with daylight and see if we still crash as much.

Tac dom ran well all night for most. CTDs are a feature of Arma, but if it happens rrequently there is a nother problem.

Air Dom 3a will be on hte server tonight

Good to test with light. I ran for several hours without a single crash, until the one that put me on my desktop just now. I was trying to take off in a damaged av8 (it was fine when I started the engine), and I was just selecting the secop menu to raise my gear.

Nice additions with the loadout in the planes, but it reloads in the air as well. That makes it feel like a cheat. Not sure what you have planned, but a selectable loadout (either pre-set groups of munitions or individual munition selection) seems more in-tune. Roll to the applicable service pad, then secop menu is selectable where you can add your own loadout.

The current in-air setup is great for keeping action moving with few on the server, and that exploding-round scattercannon (m61?) is hilarious, especially from a hovering F35!

Other bits from this version that stuck out: I found a half dozen enemy helos hovering east of Berzeno by about 5km, outside of the main map area. Also, SUs squads buzzed us when I first joined the server, but I didn't see any SUs after an hour. AI-controlled tanks at HQ were constantly running. Any way to have them shut down when waiting?

3C notes:

-Doubled frame rate and performance

- 31 SUs no longer respawn.. that was eating the servers lunch.

- Smoke and fire decreased

- some scripts streamlined

- less persistant triggers and conditions

- respawned aircraft were leaving dead crew behind

- aircraft out of 'lives' for respawn were still spawning crews

-Fixed patrol script and SU34 pooling at edge of map

-Su34s are much meaner

-Decreased skill of friendly airfield AI AA

-Added mousewheel loadout script

- F35 : combat air patrol (no AT)

- A10 : missile AT (no AA)

- AV8 : bomb AT (no AA)

-Loadout not regulated to one use.. in air rearming for more instant blowshitup gratification

-Added vulcan cannon (already in game but not used on any vehicle.. no script required)

-Decreased time to drop BLU82s further

-Tripled effectiveness of BLU82

-Added new soldier to list MRLS Operator (spawn there)

-UAV still not working properly-bleh. You can spawn a UAV now from MHQs and UAV trailer.. it's just not controllable yet.

-Added 'ammo depot' box that gives stats for all aviation ordinance. Mousewheel > chooseBomb > see direct/indirect/proximity damage stats.

Edited by StrongHarm

3C notes:

-Doubled frame rate and performance

- 31 SUs no longer respawn.. that was eating the servers lunch.

- Smoke and fire decreased

- some scripts streamlined

- less persistant triggers and conditions

- respawned aircraft were leaving dead crew behind

- aircraft out of 'lives' for respawn were still spawning crews

-Fixed patrol script and SU34 pooling at edge of map

-Su34s are much meaner

-Decreased skill of friendly airfield AI AA

-Added mousewheel loadout script

- F35 : combat air patrol (no AT)

- A10 : missile AT (no AA)

- AV8 : bomb AT (no AA)

-Loadout not regulated to one use.. in air rearming for more instant blowshitup gratification

-Added vulcan cannon (already in game but not used on any vehicle.. no script required)

-Decreased time to drop BLU82s further

-Tripled effectiveness of BLU82

-Added new soldier to list MRLS Operator (spawn there)

-UAV still not working properly-bleh. You can spawn a UAV now from MHQs and UAV trailer.. it's just not controllable yet.

-Added 'ammo depot' box that gives stats for all aviation ordinance. Mousewheel > chooseBomb > see direct/indirect/proximity damage stats.

Wicked! Perfect for the quick fix.

In 3a, it seemed like the vulcan cannon, loadout-useable at the time, was like a rapid-fire DCPIM. Is it meant to be more accurate? It looked like ammo-spittle coming out of the aircraft (highly effective spittle though, awesome anti-inf power. Hovering in the F35 with that thing roaring over an AO makes me feel evil.)

As far as using the daisy cutter, it's difficult to drop more than one in a single pass because the player has to scroll to it for each drop. Is it possible to move the 'drop blu-82' command higher in the secop menu, or to tie it to the primary-fire key? To prevent insane lag from 100s of drops, a limit may be in order. Maybe a half-dozen with a 20-sec reload (or whatever it needs to let the previous six do their thing, have their smoke and boom, and free up the memory again?)

The M61 was developed in the '40s. It's old tech that was created to put out a huge rate of fire rather than precise controlled fire. The later models had better cooling and fire control and were much more accurate: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/m61.htm

The blu82 can be dropped by MOUSEWHEEL>C130MENU>DROPBLU82(spamclick)

I still get crashes randomly in base when there are no wrecks around the crashes sometimes happen when i get in a f35 and turn on the engine then turn it off and it crashed no one was on server cept me. and sometimes the f35b you have flying around crashes and doesnt go away.

Edited by Haloelite~SPARTA~

I still get crashes randomly in base when there are no wrecks around the crashes sometimes happen when i get in a f35 and turn on the engine then turn it off and it crashed no one was on server cept me. and sometimes the f35b you have flying around crashes and doesnt go away.

Yep.. didn't put my delwreck script on that bird. Thanks Halo.

There are some issues that I hope BI will fix soon with their core code. You'll find d3d9 errors in your app events concerning this. This map just irritates an existing condition since there's so much going on. Rolling back to Nvidia driver 182.6 cuts the CTDs down.

Strong, a couple quirks found last night and this AM on airdom.

Less critical:C130 nowhere to be found, unless someone pitched the c130 somewhere else on the map alive.

More to the point: Deadly SU34s, right on, but they pooled and circled in the SW corner of the map along the coast.

Have you kept an eye on Mandoble's 'Mando Missle' conversion to Arma 2? Mandoble has announced open beta testing this weekend, so the release may be close!

when is the one with the f16 and b52s coming online strongharm. or are you waiting for a new release from mh6??

I was crashing for no reason alot last night, did it move back to the UK server because that could explain the crashes?

Is there any way to limit the number of AA missiles the AI planes can fire at 1 time? Ive had the AI planes attack me several times with a volley of 4 missiles. And even had a few instances where they shoot the guy infront of me down with 4 missiles then shoot me down with 4 more missiles. We are limited to a few whereas the AI seems to have an unlimited number. Maybe its just annoying since there is hardly anyone ever playing usually. And the blu-82 scroll is a pain if your flying with a joystick. Even with these annoyances its pretty fun to play, to bad you cant drop a bomb then go into spectator mode to watch the fireworks B)