Spartans Home

Ohh dear

DaiSan

Online hacks are nothing new, before calling the pot black take a look at all BIS

ARMA titles, hacked to hell and back.... COD hacked to hell, Ghost recon Hacked

GRAW Series Hacked......

They are all hacked...... nothing new. move on OSCAR MIC ;)

Yes but at least ArmA attempts to cull hacking with the use of signature verification.

And most hacks hook into the graphics API to call custom rendering code (i.e. wallhacks)

The issue Dai linked, however, is a result of CM not doing anything to verify client data, or even give the host machine authority over certain values (i.e. player sprint). Don't have to hook into the graphics API, just have to modify some variables in the OFDR files...

Why did they not do anything? Probably because it's only an issue on PCs. I doubt you can do the same on consoles without a shitload of work. Essentially, they just didn't feel the need to check the integrity of clients.

Honestly, why they would not make the server validate all client data is beyond me. It isn't hard to do, and it just makes your game a cakewalk to hack if you don't. There is one rule to live by when developing networked games and applications: Never trust the clients.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Honestly, why they would not make the server validate all client data is beyond me. It isn't hard to do, and it just makes your game a cakewalk to hack if you don't. There is one rule to live by when developing networked games and applications: Never trust the clients.

Or, as we always say in the Customer Service industry, "The Customer is Always Wrong."

Hopefully, with the promised dedicated server, this issue will be taken care of, and even if CM doesn't step up to do it, maybe someone like EvenBalance (Punkbuster) will. Not the best solution, I know, but better than nothing.