Spartans Home

America's Army 3

MH6~SPARTA~

Not 100% sure but the error message stated something like "this game isnt supported by 64 bit OS so fuck off" "contact whoever you feel like to complain" etc.

so I dont think it is a Vista problem. it is a 64 bit problem. Heres an image of the error.

User posted image

We can interpolate that The US Army and its subordinates dislike 64bit programming.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

so I dont think it is a Vista problem. it is a 64 bit problem. Heres an image of the error.

User posted image

Weird - look at the popup window - it says "Unsupported 16 bit application"....

I guess it runs better on Windows 2.0 or MS-DOS.

Edited by KalXen~SPARTA~

Not 100% sure but the error message stated something like "this game isnt supported by 64 bit OS so fuck off" "contact whoever you feel like to complain" etc.

We can interpolate that The US Army and its subordinates dislike 64bit programming.

This is odd, because I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit (and have been doing so for over a year now), and AA3 has worked for me since the day I downloaded it. I tried it again--by going into an actual online game, mind you--right before replying to this post, and it's still running.

In case it makes any difference, the version of the game I'm running is 3.0.6.

Also, for someone that made a comment about the game's graphics, FYI: it uses the Unreal 3 engine. Of course, it doesn't LOOK as nice as Unreal Tournament 3, but then what else would you expect from a government-funded effort?

And yeah, the game does feature some really good CQB; I always kinda liked the Rainbow Six Vegas games for that sort of thing, but I hated the "hide behind a wall for a few seconds and you'll be all healed" mechanic. AA3 has a similar feel, but with more realistic health and damage modeling (even more so than Arma2, for that matter).

Of course, there's no AI, so you're always playing against real people, and there are no vehicles, either. Just straight squad vs squad combat.

Of course, there's no AI, so you're always playing against real people, and there are no vehicles, either. Just straight squad vs squad combat.

There used to be, and it was pretty good. I'm assuming they'll bring it back in a later patch.

• 4 weeks later...
I also have Vista 64. I play it thru steam and at 1st i had issues but after a few updates i was good to go.

It doesnt even work without steam, not to mention my other steam games that have failed to run on two different OSs with the same exact error. Not bothering, but thanks for the info.