Spartans Home

Sparta's Ghost Stories

So it's Halloweeny time all over the world were Anglo-Saxon people live, and I thought I would see who here has ever had any kind of really scary experience when it comes to ghosts, haints, and other "paranormal" stuff. I, personally have never had an experience, although it interests me, but I'm glad because I'd probably go insane if I did, lol. So here's the thread! Let us know what you've experienced!

The house I live in is over a hundred years old. People have died in it (of natural causes, no murders).

Never have seen a ghost though. Or experienced any paranormal activity of any kind, for that matter.

Do enjoy watching ghost hunters on TV though.

The house I grew up in in Laurel, Maryland had its share of deaths. The house was built on Laurel Avenue in the historic district. I cannot remember how old it was exactly but I know that it was 100+ years old built in the Victorian style.

My mom and dad did some research about the place and found some interesting stories however, this was after having some weird experiences in the house.

I personally remember coming home from a vacation to Virginia and walking past the stairway through the foyer and looking to the top of the steps and seeing someone standing at the top. My parents saw me staring and they came over turned on the light and thy say I jumped like I was just coming out of a trance. There was noone at the top of the steps, but damnit I know what I saw.

Another account was one my parents had. It was the middle of the night and my mom awoke to her name being called from our bedroom. At the time, my brother and I had to be about 7 and 9 respectively and we had bunk beds. She followed the sound of "Mommy, mommy... mommy" into the room, only to find us both asleep. This happened several times and I swear till the day I die, we never did it.

One of the most interesting things that happened in the house was on numerous times we would leave for vacation, or even just to school/work and of course living in the city all of the doors and windows are locked and the blinds pulled to prevent burglary. On a few occasions we'd come home and ALL of the doors and windows would be unlocked, the blinds raised and even the doors we kept shut because of pets would be standing wide open. The weirdest was when we came home late in the evening and the lights in the house wouldn't come on. My mom started to harangue my dad for not paying the electric bill and he knew he did. So he went to check the breaker box and flip the master back on. Thing was it was already on, they were all on. He reached up and found that the bulb in the basement was turned almost all of the way out. All but the very last thread. Every bulb in the house was like this, even the night lights.

Through their research they found that 5 people had died including a couple, an old women, a grown man, and a child. Only the old couple died naturally within a couple years of each other.

The child apparently died from some type of disease in the room that was my bedroom, and the old woman died when lightning struck the telephone line. She was sitting at the bottom of the step at a telephone table. The burn was still in the hardwood floor in the vague shape of a foot outline.

I believe that the man who died was the figure at the top of the stairs. freaky shit.

On a lighter note, I did a project in school that was kind of mimicking the Blair Witch Project style. So we got some friends together and found an old house that was abandoned and condemned. We went through it and heard a ton of noises and stuff from the upper floor and it scared the piss out of some of the girls we had with us, of course they didn't know that we got two of the girl's dads to show up well first, climb to the second and third floor with chains and a hammer and make noises. It was a brilliant plan and it worked perfectly. The girls hated us for it for the longest time, but it made for a great video of true fear. Unfortunately I never got a copy of it, maybe I will look up an old friend and see if she still has it.