Spartans Home

Comm status - chatter level

StrongHarm

I was discussing the possibility with one of the Sparta members recently of regulating comms through a system similar to the rules of engagement.

As per Zeno:

Red, No shooting under any circumstances

Yellow, no shooting except if you or team member is under immediate threat

Green, weapons free fire at will.

Similarly:

COMS RED: No one speaks but the commander

COMS YELLOW: No one speaks except with brevity (i.e.: StrongHarm Down East AO; Enemy T72 at MHQ, 9oclock)

COMS GREED: Between missions and during downtime (i.e.: So, I have this rash and...)

Some people are complete motor mouths. I've started firing good natured bursts of 'brevity!'.. 'brevity!' to make them more conscious of this.

I think I will just start calling myself and then answering my self over TS.

Medic to Medic. This is Medic, go ahead for Medic. Medic, I need you to RV on my position, over. Roger Medic, enroute over. Medic to Medic, solid copy over and out.

people will shut up.

There's really not much you can do to control those that have a tendency to talk, I'm sure some people get so used to talking they don't even notice they're talking so much that they're interfering with others who needs comms for more tactical reasons. I'd suggest just getting away from it, go to the Side Mission channel for awhile, that's what I normally do.

Also StrongHarm you should look into the Tactical Missions that Sparta run, you seem like the type of guy who would enjoy those much more than Domination or even Tactical Domination. I've only attended one Tactical Mission and have been unlucky enough to not be around while any of the others are running, but they're an absolute blast if you love to play while enforcing strict SOP.

Edited by DeltaSierra

we need to stop interupting ppl when there talking do not speak out...if it is something ingame and has anything todo with a

target. state COMMS your name then say COMMS please...everyone else should respect the talking persons. to much chatter

Brevity please some people actualy need to here the game play to focus LOL..everytime i tried to speak someone talked

over me if its not me its someone else there talking over this is rude and a dissrespectful manner to act like a

horses ass if your going to act like kids ill treat you like one. if i have to kick ppl for being like this its only for the better.

we need controll on are comms thats why it is settup like this. i dont mind having fun but when it comes to

being in the AO STHU and clear comms for TAC information..fill free to add your comments..please do ADD them

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

Ok call me optimistic or overconfident - but in Tac Dom I reckon I can get anyone on comms to STFU when Im commanding a team or commanding.

Maybe some ppl are too polite to take control but if I need to get command or comms cleared I will...period.

If ppl want to get angry at me then that's ok but as yet seems to be workng ok.

all the time or just tac nights? just wondered because i think we should be having fun also :)

We just need to find the balance between banter and incomprehensible comms (which is the result of 20 or so people talking simultaneously). I think earlier on when we are few we can chat without problems but later its just impossible.

I hope we find the right balance.

I believe in the "Speak softly and carry a big stick" principle. I have a kick button and I am not afraid to use it, lol.

all the time or just tac nights? just wondered because i think we should be having fun also :)

We are not a military organisation and we must have a party chopper :D , we just need to stop people talking over each other and tighten up a bit when required.

The jibber jabber was horrendous today, this is a social environment but dont use the main channel for chit chat when there are a lot of people in it.

This reduces the server to an uncoordinated rabble, which will not be tolerated.

If you dick around there will be consequences.

BTW.. this suggestion was primarily for tac nights, but could apply to pub if things get out of hand. If people are being motor mouths in TS a sparta member could say 'hold all coms except for battle related... that's comms yellow. anyone not know what brevity means and how to use it? speak up and I'll assist.' After things calm down a bit he could then say 'alright, comms green again, but use your head. The half hour discussion about how your nuts smell like bologna will not fly in this server.'

Zeno made his point today if ppl are going to chatter and it has nothing todo with the mission (AO) they are more then

welcome to move to one of the other channels so they dont conflict with orders and movements that are key...id like to

remind that yes we like to have fun but lets get on the same page..I understand we have some greenknecks on

comms. Learn the Word RESPECT if you really want to be one with The SPARTANS..I really enjoy my time on the

server with everyone, and I wont let the game play be dissrupted with kiddos playing childish games.

There was a mob mentality yesterday. My PC was playing up hopefully it will be sorted today.

But also the gameplay was attrocious, constant use of the C130 to do HALO jumps on towns, this is not how we play the game.

We get an MHQ to the target - this is a priority

Transport people from the last target to the new one - this is a priority

Those on TS assault the town working together - only occasional use of air and armour

If you want to take a town on your own, download the map and play on your own PC.

The whole point of using TS is to coordinate, it is the coordination that makes the game fun.

We are now officially pissed off.

Someone was running their mouth and Zeno sent them to another room while they were still talking.. I went there 20 minutes later and the guy was still talking to himself ROFL!

Floyd used to do this a lot inc to me it's a very good way of dealing with peeps, if you kick someone they tend to get pissed off if you put them on there own they just get embarrased.

after hours group action: things got outta hand for the first couple of towns to many air assests.. cleaning towns b4

the ground forces get there...you know who you are "Pilots" always the same ppl flying id like to take this moment to

remind them do not take off from base unless you are needed, dont, carpet the AO or side missions without a laser

marked target.

I hate to be the one to kick someone on teamspeak for not following the guidlines this is not the way we play

yes I did reset the map only to lose the air assets if I'm on and i see that

there is a problem with pilots doing there own thing in the jets/helo Ill simple ask them to RTB and await orders. we

will need to work on Teamspeak with channel commanders anyone in a vehicle should be in that channel Exeption

pilots flying Choppers 1# 2# MHQ 1# Mhq 2#those are the only exeptions..anyway after reseting the map things went

alot better started the map at 0400 was dark but not to dark...boy that was killer night missions rock man!!! i think ill

mix it up. oh yea alot off ppl are leaving the AO without clearing the towns so I made my own squad and everyone

on teamspeak joined it...that way we knew whos on teamspeak and not...just a suggestion to the other admins create

and tell everyone on teamspeak to join your squad..

Disclaimer: Any references in this post to 'you know who you are' concerning people doing bad things are not aimed at me. I do however, know who I am. :pilot: I strive to be a living example of integrity, patience(I said strive), and tactical creaminess.

Not to get too lighthearted on a topic that I take as gamingly serious as the rest of you, but:

Can I just orbit the base in a helo if I am piloting and not needed at the time GySgt? I like to move my Joystick around.

:P

All joking aside GySgt, you are doing a bang-up job! Keep up the good work. Also, thanks StrongHarm for your assistance, it is great to have strong community members assisting to keep our Servers a quality place where people want to come.