Spartans Home

Mod Requests

Whiskey

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some testing with the map tool listed above, and while a nice little tool, it doesn't seem to be of much use for our TacDom nights. It could be of use if we were doing long, overland treks on foot for a couple miles, but that takes a lot of patience and concentration and we always transport by chopper or other vehicle.

What we could use is customizable, rotatable map markers. Map markers seem to work best for our needs.

I did some testing with the map tool listed above, and while a nice little tool, it doesn't seem to be of much use for our TacDom nights. It could be of use if we were doing long, overland treks on foot for a couple miles, but that takes a lot of patience and concentration and we always transport by chopper or other vehicle.

What we could use is customizable, rotatable map markers. Map markers seem to work best for our needs.

Agree wholeheartedly, I have done some testing of this also and it would not provide any benefit to us tbh.

one way or another i would love to get new sounds for choppers and tanks, vop only changes the gun sounds on armour, so im requesting either the extra addons for vop sounds or ive heard alot of good thing about sounds of war mod:)

i tried the sound of war mod for about a day, but had some crash issues i think. the sounds were awesome thouhg, especially the m16 family.

one way or another i would love to get new sounds for choppers and tanks, vop only changes the gun sounds on armour, so im requesting either the extra addons for vop sounds or ive heard alot of good thing about sounds of war mod:)

Vop modifies a lot of vehicle sounds are you sure you have installed it properly

yea its installed correctly,if it changes any vehicles i havnt noticed,except for the guns of course. if you look at the vop post on the forums you see theres 2 extra addons for tracked vehicles and helos

y on earth havnt they combined the extra 2 addons to vop is beyond me

Edited by Bsilenced

yea affirmative on a10 never noticed because we never use it, its the helos and vehicle tracks that are still stock and need improvement, so here is a the post in the official forums from the guy who made vop sounds recommending to also use 2 other sound mods with it...

Hi there!

VopSound 2.1 for ArmA2 released.

VopSound 2.1 Release modular Version

I'm happy to announce the second Release of VopSound for ArmA2.

Recommended to be used with: Tango Romeos Tracked Vehicles Sound Mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78437

and Robert Hammers Heli Sound Mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78119

but like i said before it maybe easier to check out sounds of war because it all comes in one package from what i hear....

im very happy with vop just want the extras:) i never tried sow but i just did some you tube search and found chopper and vehicles are pretty stock,,

i listened to the vop extra addon ones though and if you go to this link and on the first page you see some tests there incredible!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78119

oh btw scroll down on this page to see mh6 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78119&page=9

Edited by Bsilenced

I tested a few mods today ,all server key included, great for tac dom or regular server .

1.FOR TAC SERVER

Fast Attack Vehicle (F.A.V.)

the fav has 2 guns the 50 cal and a saw good for ground insurgents .

2.FOR ALL SERVERS

RH M4/M16 Pack Rearmed

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

AND CUT VERSION OF M4 WITH ACOG AND OTHER SCOPS

3.FOR TAC SERVER AND AIR DOM

PMC Apache

Close support: 1200 rounds of M230 cannon and 16 AGM-114 Hellfires.

User posted image

Ground suppression: 1200 rounds of M230 cannon and 76 FFAR's.

User posted image

Multi role: 1200 rounds of M230 cannon, 38 FFAR's and 8 AGM-114 Hellfires.

User posted image

hope we could use them.

• 3 weeks later...

For your convenience I have packed all the mods allowed on the server into a folder called @sparta.

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Ga...ods/@sparta.rar

Drag the @sparta folder from the rar window into your game root (where the arma2.exe is located)

Then create a shortcut to arma2.exe, right click on it and select properties, go to "Target" which may look like this

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"

and add -mod=@sparta

so that it will look like this

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@sparta

Remember to add a space between exe" and -mod

You only need the littlebirds mod for one of our TacDom servers you dont need any mods for the main server, but should you choose you can now install all of the mods in a relatively painless manner (unless you have steam, in which case there is a bit more pain, but I am not qualified to explain the process).

I will say that it works exactly the same for steam. The only difference is where your Arma 2 folder is located (...\steamapps\common\arma 2\).

And instead of using the PMC apache, why not just use the 1.05 one? You can set it to use sidewinders (see EW post for how) and it requires a gunner to use the hellfires. I think...that may be ACE2, but I was trying it with my tacdom shortcut.

Zeno's link to the server allowed mods did not work for me if the same happens to you try this one and just click on sparta.rar to download file

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Ga...r_allowed_mods/

• 2 weeks later...
For your convenience I have packed all the mods allowed on the server into a folder called @sparta.

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Ga...ods/@sparta.rar

Drag the @sparta folder from the rar window into your game root (where the arma2.exe is located)

Then create a shortcut to arma2.exe, right click on it and select properties, go to "Target" which may look like this

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"

and add -mod=@sparta

so that it will look like this

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@sparta

Remember to add a space between exe" and -mod

You only need the littlebirds mod for one of our TacDom servers you dont need any mods for the main server, but should you choose you can now install all of the mods in a relatively painless manner (unless you have steam, in which case there is a bit more pain, but I am not qualified to explain the process).

question, where do you put that dta folder thats in the sparta.rar download. i put the folder in and did the target, but i got some error message on startup saying "include file dta\GMJ_SA.hpp not found"

The GMJ Sight Adjustment mod comes with the GMJ_SA.hpp file, so download the mod itself on its own. In your main directory for ArmA 2 there should be a folder called 'dta.' If there's not one there, make one. Place the .hpp file in there and you should be good to go.

Edited by Tholozor

If he has downloaded the Sparta.rar it has the DTA folder with the GMJ_SA.hpp in it. Therefore he should extract the GMJ_SA.hpp from the DTA folder into the DTA folder in his arma 2 root directory.

The idea of the sparta rar is to not have to individually download files.

However I did miss another folder for the digital compass

DCSettings.hpp in userconfig

the folder and file are available for download here

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Ga.../userconfig.rar

and the composite download will be corrected today.

Apologies for the inconvenience