Spartans Home

Mod Requests

Whiskey

I can tell you that it goes in this folder. "steam\steamapps\common\arma 2". I just put the @VopSound_2.1 in there. I did copy the Server key from there and put it in the key folder and left the server key in its normal place that it is as well. As for the shortcut, I just use the arma2 launder and linked it to my desktop icon that was created when I installed the game through steam.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/proper-projects...-distance-tweak

One that I have found very useful on my lower end machine are the PROPER VisibleAtDistance tweaks. If you've ever used a low view distance and seen buildings, trees, vehicles etc. popping in and out of view in a larger city, or identified a tank not by silhouette, but the smoke coming from the invisible vehicle, you know what I'm talking about. With the tweaks you see all the buildings to the fog line even if you are running low view distance, I also experience smoother game play with less frame rate fluctuations using this mod with a little added immersion because things like buildings especially are not popping in and out of view.

Edited by AlarmedBread

I have not tried this mod yet. It is GDT Helicopter Weapons mod.

Description:

This addon changes the use of the helicopter weapons for the AH1Z, Ka52 and Mi24.

- Pilot can use the gunner weapon optics when gunner is AI or nonexistent.

- Auto lock on on vehicles for guided missiles deactivated. There are two fire modes for guided missiles:

1. Manual guidance.

2. Laser guidance with Laser-Seeker for lock on on Laser Designator targets.

This addon is client side only.

GDT Mod Helicopter Weapons Armaholic link

Anyone familiar with real life hellfire-A weapon systems will appreciate this mod. The hellfire-A's are not fire and forget weapons. They are laser guided. The target has to be painted by a laser designator, either on the launch air craft or by another designator. Using this mod will require either the target be painted by another player, or to be continuously painted by the launch craft until impact. It would require more player team work and co-ordination. Another great feature of this mod would be the ability to switch to the gunners optics from the pilot seat if you do not have a gunner with you. The last thing I would like to point out about this mod is that it is client side only, so it would not be a requirement for all players to have in order to log on a public server.

Thank you in advance for consideration.

Buzz

edit: I played around with the mod in the armory. It does require CBA, event extensions to operate. It performs as advertised. Hellfires require the gunner to keep the cross hairs on the target until impact. It also allows the pilot to switch to gunner view if there is no gunner or AI. This mod may be a good consideration for Air Dom.

Edited by BuzzDog

• 3 weeks later...

GMJ Sight Adjustment Armaholic link

This is a client side mod, so it would only have to be on the approved list on the Domination servers and not required for everyone to be able to play.

It allows elevation and windage adjustment on all weapons. It includes a range card with settings for the M-24, DMR, M-107. You can also create your own range card for other weapons. I have been playing with it on the Sahrani server and it does exactly what it says. It is very nice to dial in the site for the specific range. IMHO this mod would not create any type of game play balance issues.

Anyone that plays on Sahrani please give this mod a try and provide feedback. I think it would be a great addition to the US domination server as it focuses on infantry weapon systems.

The GMJ sight adjustment is now allowed on the server. I will add it to the approved list with the appropriate download links later today

Thanks. I've been browsing at the Tactical Gamer website. For their members, they encourage using the yoma addon updater, set to work with specific servers they run. I tried it and was mightily unimpressed, but it is still a good idea. Perhaps, when the Yoma updater is no longer in beta, that may be a good way to go for Sparta addon management?

Are you using 2.0 CBA?

I was using the correct key but it must have been corrput, I dl'd it from a different site and it now works.

I have been messing around on a target range with popup targets that I just knocked up and Had some fun testing the KSVK and M107 at 1100 metes (well 1081 since the targets disappear beyond that)

From the first shooting position the targets are 250-600 metres away in 50m increments.

This is a neat addition for those who like to expend few bullets for their kills.

I will practice with the vintorez which seems to be good to 400m

BTW I havent added this to the UK servers yet but will do shortly

This mod might help us with map coord. I haven't tried, but someone today in the UK might test the tools? (since you are off work before us in N. Amer)

NouberNou's Map Plus

This addon does a few things to the map:

1. Removes satellite texture from any zoom level.

2. Changes the color of the contour lines and hill numbers to make them more readable.

3. Made forests more washed out and slightly dimmed the background color to be easier on the eyes.

4. Adds in a ruler that you can draw on the screen.

5. Adds in a compass that you can more easily use to align the above ruler.

6. Adds in basic tools to draw lines.

These features do a few things. First off they allow easier reading of the map at close zoom, including determining the rise and fall of the land. It is now easier to also determine altitude, before the satellite texture would obscure the hill numbers and a lot of the contour lines would be lost in the textures as well. The forests could also obscure the contour lines so they have been made a little more washed out to provide better readability. The ruler tools allow you to do a number of LANDNAV type things, including the most important, resection. This was possible before but a bit more painful. Combining the ruler, compass and line drawing tools you can more easily triangulate your position. I also use the ruler and compass to plot polar fire missions as well as guage distance to targets while doing forward observation.

Usage of the tools:

Ruler:

1. Hold the H key down and click on the map. A red dot will appear. This is the origin of the ruler.

2. Hold the J key down and click at an angle off of the red dot. A ruler will be drawn stretching in that angle.

3. The 0 point shows the angle in degrees and both Mil 6400 and Mil 6000.

4. To redraw the compass you move it by using the H key again, repeating steps 1 and 2.

5. To just redraw at another angle use the J key and click again someplace else and it will draw at that angle.

6. There is no way to completely clear the compass, just repeat step 1 to place the origin point out of the way.

Compass:

1. Hold the K key and click.

2. The inner compass rose is in in degrees, the outer one is in Mil 6400

3. To clear the compass hold L and click on the map.

Line tool:

1. Hold the [ key and click. A black dot will appear. This is the start of your line.

2. To change color, do not move the mouse and click again, each successive click will switch colors, clicking to fast will place a marker.

3. To complete the line hold the ] key and click where you want to end it.

4. To clear a line hold the \ key and click on the map, it will continue to delete lines from the newest to the oldest.

The download has a "keys" sub folder but it is empty. If Durka thinks this is worthwhile for Tac Dom and a key can be found we will add it.

Oops. forget about the previous text, I replied to the wrong thread.

I'll check with NouberNou for a key.

Edited by Ebden~SPARTA~

I would like to make an add-on suggestion for the TacDom server. From my experience playing on Sparta's servers, fixed-wing aircraft are generally needed for the role of total air superiority. From a pilot's standpoint, the current aircraft in ArmA II make that difficult, considering every single jet for the USMC only comes with a maximum of 2 Sidewinders, and using the cannon can be a pain when your target is jumping around from lag.

F-16C: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5900

What makes this aircraft addon so great, it that it includes 4 pre-made variants for specific purposes. If I remember correctly, the Close Air Patrol variant is almost made up of nothing but air-to-air missiles. What also makes this add-on perfect for the TacDom server, is that it includes instructions for creating custom variants, therefore allowing an F-16C filled to the brim with nothing but air-to-air missiles. Another positive of this, is the inclusion of AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles, which provide a far greater range and payload than an AIM-9, allowing a pilot to attack more air threats at longer distances, as well as the inclusion of automatic flares (not infinite), enabling a pilot to survive much longer in a hot zone for air cover.

Just a thought for the TacDom server, as everyone would need to download the files like the LittleBirds. Could really help having two F-16s loaded with missiles patrolling an AO keeping the choppers away.