Spartans Home

Mod Requests

Whiskey

No I mean Durgs vegetation fix from arma 1

Its a serverside mod that makes bushes and most trees more effective cover.

I didnt know other servers existed, lol.

Hey Zeno...

I've hit this from a few different directions and what I'm hearing is that ArmA 2 already incorporates the techniques uesd by Durg and Kju for ArmA 1. I hope that is the case as I see nothing along the lines of the 'Vegetation Fix' we were accustomed to in A1.

Regards,

X

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Super6-4 I just downloaded the file and there is no bIKey for this mod (at least not in the download). For the server to accept the mod there has to be a Bohemia Interactive key.

If you look into it and find the key I will put it on the server for you and the others that like it, but check out the VOP sounds as well.

the last word on vegetation and why it works now - interesting read which excited me long b4 arma2 was released.

The second part really shows how the vegetation was restructured so that it provided true cover - not what seemed like cover to us. Brilliant system and as you all know it works now. I have had enemy walk within 15 meters of me and not detect me bcoz i didnt engage and the cover was effective. Its only when you fire that the bullets may start to rain down on your position. I love Arma2.

1. http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=49299

2. http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50006

Thanks lightspeed, good find.

The end of the second link, with the comparable A1 and A2 models, tells so much. What an incredible amount of work to make a tree for A2 v A1.

To clarify though, this means AI can still track you if they 'see' the smallest part of you via the view geometry, but they will hold fire if you are not visible in the fire geometry, right?

What is the difference btwx collision and fire geometry? Is collision geometry the physical model/protection from fire, and the fire/view geometry just two seperate tools to enable the AI to track and shoot?

They are very old threads and there is still the problems with vegitation that have always existed in Arma.

It does not render grass past a certain distance, so YOU may think your laying in a grassy area hidden, but someone across the valley from you shows you laying in the middle of a nice open field.

The AI will shoot you through the tiniest gap in trees that any human wouldn't see. ie, imagine a dense stand of trees, to us, looking out we find it hard to spot enemies through the small slivers between vertical tree trunks. The AI doesn't have the same problem, if it can see you, no matter how slim the gap, and a bullet will fit through said gap, it WILL shoot you.

Now I'm not saying ArmA is any worse than other games, infact in a lot of ways it's better, but it still has a lot of the AI issues that plague most games.

Vegitation and cover will always be an issue.

Anyway, back on topic.

For all us OLD Geezers, I would request this MOD.

AT GUI Pack

I'm sick of not being able to read the damn compass headings in Domination ;)

Sorry Super6-4 I just downloaded the file and there is no bIKey for this mod (at least not in the download). For the server to accept the mod there has to be a Bohemia Interactive key.

If you look into it and find the key I will put it on the server for you and the others that like it, but check out the VOP sounds as well.

yeah seems theres no key for it yet, maybe on later versions, its cool ill give vop a go. getting tired of the stock ak fire

Lets see how many other are interested in that mod, I myself am not.

I have played Arma 1 where it was raining on me but not on anyone else, so if the mod is not actually on the server I do not recomend using it in this case.

I agree. The game and Dom mode have enough issues with dynamic this-and-that (it makes the experience better, yes, only as far as our machines and the server can handle!) Just yesterday I was in with several others who all reported the dynamic game time was way off for us...some were in NV at 2030, others saw sun at 1800.

The existing fog/cloud/rain element is already a nice touch. Maybe let our systems and game design catch up a little more.

Go Sparta, #12! (if you care about that sort of thing).

Hey folks,

Been trying to find an appropriate place to post this question although it seems I can't make new threads yet.

I have the German version of ARMA II which I purchased before the Steam version was released.

This means that each time they patch A2, I have to repatch my languagecore.pbo and find servers who run the bisign that'll enable me to play. I get these from the user-made patches on armaholic.com

After a few months of not playing a2; two friends of mine have been playing your westDOM server and have spoken highly of your group - but - your servers don't have the bisign that will allow me to play.

It is available here in 7zip format as part of the DE to EN conversion.

Some background is available here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?...524#post1398524

Could you guys throw on that key so I can get in on the action?

Many thanks,

bEvis

Edited by bEvis

This looks like a serverside mod, then everyone who plays on the server has to use the mod. It has not been fully tested in MP.

Frankly the only serverside mod we were thinking about was ACE

But I like the sound of the AI improvements

If enough people like it we could change one server to run it.

VOP is great, someone fired a SMAW near me and I almost crapped myself, I thought we were under attack, lol.

I agree, Vop sound was way worth the 4 hours we spent trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. Now when i get shot at, i feel like i actually need to duck down for cover... Instead of the phew phew sound... I wish we could find a M107 sound... Since VOp doesnt have one