Spartans Home

Mod Requests

Whiskey

I had installed the SOW (Sounds of War) addon yesterday after tweaking Arma 2 to fix my crashing every 15 minute issue (rolled back to 186.18 ftw). However when I connected to the server it dropped me for an unsupported file.

What if any addons are allowed for the SPARTA servers? Also anyone have any client side ones that are recommended? I thought I read it somewhere, but can not find the post.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little history on mods and why they have not been allowed on the legion of Sparta servers.

This is our first experience in running a public ArmA server. At first all was well. But out of the blue whole towns were killed with one blast, the hackers had arrived. We tried to manage this, but it was impossible. So we turned on signature verification and allowed no mods. Since then we havent had hackers on our server (so far), so the admins only have to deal with the innumerable, but identifiable people, who try to spoil the game in other ways.

We will watch this thread, but probably allow only a couple of mods, such as the VOP. If a vegetation fix is introduced we will run that on the server.

When the ACE mod comes out, we almost certainly will run 2 public servers, 1 with and 1 without the mod. Our Tac server will run with it. ACE is great but because it is constantly updated it can be a bit intimidating on a public server, but it is worth the hassle.

Finally please note, the choice is not just mine, all the server admins have a say.

I have changed this thread to the mod request thread and it is now pinned

VOP 2.1 has been added to the approved list for signature verification

Please do not ask for every single little mod to be added, lets try to all be playing the same game.

I will post a new topic indicating which Mods will be allowed on the Sparta servers

Do you mean something similar to the german berzerk server, with a scroll selection for grass/nograss?

I believe the fix Zeno is refering to stops AI being able to see through vegatation that we can't see through.

I have changed this thread to the mod request thread and it is now pinned

VOP 2.1 has been added to the approved list for signature verification

Please do not ask for every single little mod to be added, lets try to all be playing the same game.

I will post a new topic indicating which Mods will be allowed on the Sparta servers

Awesome, thanks for adding VOP Zeno. Will be even more enjoyable to play online now.

Sorry the vopmod will not work until tomorrow morning.

He did an update that I missed

It is running on the UK server though

Actually I need to than AJSarge and EMT for helping me identify what was wrong.

Apologies for getting your hopes up prematurely

plz can we post links to the downloads here too so we are all getting the same version of mod - VOP sounds good to me - where plz?

and just quickly, the cover in arma2 has been fixed pretty well i think - they completely redesigned the way the AI viewed the trees and seems to be effective. i dont feel like its an unfair fight now.