Spartans Home

Tactical Missions TODAY!!! LOSC Presents: ArmA2 Tac-Bash

MedicSN6

Legion of Sparta Community Presents: ArmA2 Tac-Bash

--BEGIN TRANSMISSION--

TIME-

Setup and join confirmation between 1200 and 1300 hrs 26 Sep 2009.

Game commencement at 1315, proceeding until we get tired or are too drunk to shoot straight.

PARAMETERS-

-Tactical game play in EXPERT mode only. (No friendly markers on map.)

-Tight Comms on TS. Pertinent info only and you must abide by the rules or you will be moved to a diff channel.

-All are welcome but only serious player will be given the PW in TS.

-All missions will have a Commander and a 2nd assigned. Volunteers are welcomed!

-The briefing will be read over TS before insertion so everyone is on the same page.

-After the mission is finished, there will be a debriefing and options considered. If those who participated and are waiting to join would like to repeat, they may do so.

-If you join TS during a mission and would like to join the next evolution, stay in the Waiting Room until you are moved. You may however join and play in the public Domi server and obviously are welcome to join its respective TS channel.

-Above all else we hope this will be an enjoyable event and hopefully will become a regular part of LOSC and ArmA2 operations.

COMMANDMENTS-

The Eleven Commandments of SPARTA Tactical Server - Combat Simulation

1. Team Speak and a working mic is required

2. No talking when dead (a quick "I'm Down" is ok).

3. Keep comms to a minimum (tactical info only).

4. A Mission Leader must be assigned prior to launch.

5. Respect of the Mission Leader and the teams is both expected and enforced.

6. Adhere to tactical, team based play at all times.

7. Do not go off mission or act autonomously.

8. Discuss alternate strategy, achievements or disagreements in the After Action Debriefing.

9. Accept critical feedback, both positive and negative, it's not personal.

10. If the mission allows respawning or JIP, wait for instructions from Mission Leader prior to proceeding into the Area of Operation (AO).

11. Enjoy!

MISSIONS-

-Durka-Durka's Operation Pathfinder

-Finding Bravo v 3.0

-Dai-San's OPSec

**Repeat of any of these as we see fit.

--END TRANSMISSION--

Well, the wife will be out of town Saturday and Sunday which makes me available to ArmA it up a bit. I hope to organize some tactical missions if no one else is doing so already. Please let me know if any Spartans are already planning something like this and I will join in, if not I will organize this a bit.

I hope to have a list of missions (play list) and whatever mods might be needed, if any, by Friday evening. This, as well as a setup time to check mods and connections and then a defined play time. This will probably be 1200 to 1300 for setup and then 1330-until... for actual playing. These times are of course subject to change.

This will NOT be a wait till the last second to see if I can join with whatever is on my system. Once the Play time has begun, I truly hope that we will not accept new players. This ruins the experience when the mission has to be restarted over an over for new people to join.

Also, keep in mind that this will be TACTICAL, NOT "do WTF you want to and go Rambo on everything." If you cant abide by the rules, which will be stated before each insertion, then you need to stick with the more casual server. Those who do not toe the line will be politely ejected from the server and moved to a different TS channel (probably the Domi channel).

The up side is that I hope to be running this into the evening so all will have a chance to play at least one good mission. It should be fun for all who are serious to play the game.

If you are interested, please post so and if you'd like, make a suggestion for an ArmA2 tactical mission you'd like to run.

Thanks and good hunting.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Sounds great. Check with Dai first, as he's been trying to set something similar up for a while now.

p.s. Thanks for playing my mission, if you haven't done so already.

Durka, can you make sure that your mission is on the tactical server and RTG please.

Also, can someone PM me the current PW for admin. TA

Lightspeed will be ready for action - after having firefighting commitments last week he is itching for some tactical.

Not sure exactly what your timezone is Medic but i will be on bright and early in Oz so if im in channel plz drag me over to tac server.

Can we try to do missions not more then 1 hour so ppl can get jumping in after missons are complete.

While longer missions are good - I think they should probably be held back for special occasions but I think if you're trying to build this tactical server stuff you should have missions which rotate reasonable quickly - 1 hour is about the max or ppl wont wait around - if they come into server and see that theres only about 20 - 40 minutes left they will wait around, 1 hour 20 minutes and they are gone.

Edited by Lightspeed

If all goes well, an hour for a mission should be pretty good. The other side is that those who are waiting for a mission to end will be able to play on one of the Domi servers so they arent just wasting time and we can tell them when we are ready for the next mission. This way they are still warmed up and can just jump out and come over. I would like to give fair warning for the next mission start time so people arent quitting the domi server while they are in mid-flight in a UH-60 and have passengers. That would not be fair to the other regulars.

All in all I think we should have a good time with this and am looking forward to it. I plan to give about 10 minutes between missions for hitting the latrine and topping off our pints. Its only fair.

I hope to have a list of missions (play list) and whatever mods might be needed, if any, by Friday evening. This, as well as a setup time to check mods and connections and then a defined play time. This will probably be 1200 to 1300 for setup and then 1330-until... for actual playing. These times are of course subject to change.

What's your timezone, left or right of the pond?

I'm game if timing fits, and I'll check this evening (my time) for a post on this thread with the formal list of any addons/missions we'll need to download.

Cheers

I would like to give fair warning for the next mission start time so people arent quitting the domi server while they are in mid-flight in a UH-60 and have passengers. That would not be fair to the other regulars.

They've got chutes :rolleyes:

The first mission was a complete success.

Operation Finding Bravo v3.0

Participants:

Luggage from BPR

|1RB|A2|PFC Ebden

Punisher~SPARTA~

+Medic+~SPARTA~

(GySgt~SPARTA~ inserted but had to leave shortly afterward.)

Mission completed even though the Debrief trigger is a bit screwy. All team members were alive at the end.

All in all it was a great mission and everyone participated to the fullest of their abilities.

Dont worry! I'd like to see this become a regular feature provided by LOSC. There are enough of us here to make it happen. Plus we can do this along side Tactical Domi night as well as applying the same idea to OFP:DR.

Nothing but good things on the horizon for the LOSC. Glad to have you all around to participate!

Dont worry! I'd like to see this become a regular feature provided by LOSC. There are enough of us here to make it happen. Plus we can do this along side Tactical Domi night as well as applying the same idea to OFP:DR.

Nothing but good things on the horizon for the LOSC. Glad to have you all around to participate!

Thanks for allowing me to tag along last night. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Apologies for sticking with the default spawn weapon, it meant I was slightly ineffective for 3/4 of the game.

My student observations for others intending to try this are: (Sparta can move onto the next post!)

Squad movement is a challenge when you are trying to keep a regular free-look scan to all sides, and at the same time maintain a relative position in the formation. I am sure it is something that will come with time, but the tongue was definately peeking. The game changes completely on veteran mode in terms awareness of other squad member position's, relying purely on visual in heavy scrub becomes difficult.

Encounter is at a much longer range. 2x scope is difficult. ACOG for me would have suited better.

Time, time, we must have more time. You need to be prepared to commit 1-2 hours. This is how long some of these missions take to prep and complete.

I probably ended up being more a burden than a help, but again thanks for letting me bring up the rear.