Spartans Home

Arma2 A.C.E. Mod 2

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

You need:

CBA (required to work)

ACE2 (core files)

ACEX (Extra weapons, vehicles, etc.)

You could just DL them and run them like any other mod (move the mpmissions into your main folder, everything else stays in the @ACE/@ACEX folders), or you can go through the process of using the updater (which I tried, kinda, it it works, kinda. Just takes forfuckingever to DL any of it straight through the updater).

The issue with running only the milestones is the possibility of them updating every few days, and people/servers keeping up with them while you still have the old version (and associated bugs).

Edited by AJsarge

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue with running only the is the possibility of them updating every few days, and people/servers keeping up with them while you still have the old version (and associated bugs).

Hence why you don't see a rush for us to put on the servers just yet.. lets wait for the beta to settle down for something stable.

So far I'm loving it. I like the option to carry two primary weapons in single player missons, like in DOM. I'm sure there was a code to do that in single player missions, but I never could find it. The RUCK sack is an awesome feature as well. Lets you store a BUNCH of magazines. I can go in with 12 30rd mags in main inventory, stash 12+ more in my pack, among smoke nades etc. The effects you get from standing too close to another soldier that fires a weapon is deafening. I had my speakers up pretty good, and my clownshoes AI squad member fired his SMAW right by me, and it was incredible to say the least. Deafening loud, hurt my ears for real. Enemy soldier up the hill from me started shooting our way, and it felt like I was actually taking fire. I actually disabled VopSound, because I'm really liking the ACE sound set a little better. Love the new M4 and M16 variants, updated with the new Aimpoint Comp M4S, couple with vert grips. Has a suppressed Mk12 SPR, which I desperately wanted. Now it's possible to go all out suppressed. I disabled my other Littlebird addon, because the ACE littlebirds are better in my opinion, especially loving the one with the GAU-19. My only gripe so far, is the ridiculous install procedure.

Love this M4, set up almost exactly like my real M4, same Knights Armament railed guards, Knights vert grip, Magpul MIAD pistol grip, stock, even the Troy rear flip sight. I just have a Surefire light instead of the laser / IR unit on the right.

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Edited by wheelow

Hell, a simple test server running the base milestone, with the option for people to choose maps (including the ones included with ACE). Cleared for ACE2+extras plus everything else the other servers are. Maybe replace one of the Tac servers (SPARTA Tactical/TacDom -> SPARTA ACE Tac?).

I'm currently having too much fun just poking around the weapons and such. I haven't gotten around to trying a mission with an ACE AI squad yet.

Hell, a simple test server running the base milestone, with the option for people to choose maps (including the ones included with ACE). Cleared for ACE2+extras plus everything else the other servers are. Maybe replace one of the Tac servers (SPARTA Tactical/TacDom -> SPARTA ACE Tac?).

I'm currently having too much fun just poking around the weapons and such. I haven't gotten around to trying a mission with an ACE AI squad yet.

The Tac server will be an Ace server in the future, but for now if ace is constantly updating it will be hard to coordinate.

It makes a lot of work for the server admins and a lot of frustration for the gamers.

We will keep an eye on this though.

Edit: Nevermind. Forgot to get CBA.

Bah, the download from armaholic is already out of date. Screw this!

Wait for the full release to come out before you go insane trying to keep up with releases.

After the full version is out, I suggest that we coordinate when the server is updated using the forums. Giving people a week to download the update and get it ready should be ample time to make it work.

Another thing I have done in the past is to use multiple copies of the addon in the ArmA folder. Have the main folder named correctly (@ACE2) with the correct command line switch and then a second folder with a different name such as @ACE2_1_1. The new copy of ace is freely update able and you can test it. Once you are ready to use it just rename the first folder to its current version @ACE2_1_0 and then rename the updated folder with the latest version to match you command line parameter.

This serves multiple benefits:

1. You have a back up of the previous version of ACE2.

2. You have a second platform to base updates from.

3. You are never left unable to play because of a bad patching.

4. You can always stay one step ahead of the server and are ready when the server goes live with a new update/version.

Hope this helps.

simple workaround to the updates is yuma addon manager, this progy really is sweat,,

for a test server you could just update newer versions once every 2 weeks or so....

im jonsing i got to play on crappy none sparta severs to play this auwsome mod:(

Edited by Bsilenced

simple workaround to the updates is yuma addon manager, this progy really is sweat,,

for a test server you could just update newer versions once every 2 weeks or so....

im jonsing i got to play on crappy none sparta severs to play this auwsome mod:(

Sorry m8. Our main goal is to provide fun servers that are reliable and well moderated. Beta releases of mods, no matter how awesome they be, simply don't fit into this scheme. Once the full version is released, I am sure there will be an ACE2 Sparta server available.

In due time, we Spartans shall have war.

yuma addon sync http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5059

add kelyes heroes server to your favs clcik on that server hit the server tab and you will find auto config url

add this line http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2A...rmA2ACE-Repo.7z

now click on that server and you will see check addons, then it will gove you a list of addons u need to get into that server and below d/l addons....

good thing is zeno if you installed stuff correctly it wont make you d/l everything..

and when theres an update you will only have to d/l those updated files..

which tell me that would be a great progy for you fellas for future mods so you dont have to hold peeps hands as much

btw that d/l automaticly make the folders for you and installs

Edited by Bsilenced

yea sorry i couldnt figure out how to install it manually, and i havnt found any that has either

i can tell you i got the @ace @acex in my main folder but my launcher shows this

@ace\.rsync\.pack;@ace;@acex\.rsync\.pack;@acex;@cba\.rsync\.pack;@cba;

i have the autoconfig folder in my @ace folder and in the main directery

hope that helps

Edited by Bsilenced

Ok I loaded it onto my PC the very long way avoiding all the gubbins

I loaded the ace domination mission.

M_Wep_optics is missing

The weapon I have been waiting for, the M110SD therefore dosent have a sight, just mags the view.

Funny to see the littlebirds, I thought I had launched the Tac dom mission

Is anyone else missing a file

We have put up a test server running the ace version of Domination 1.22

It will not be supported, it will not be regularly updated.

I have no time to explain how to install ace

It is called SPARTA - Ace Test

It is passworded, you need to ask for the password, PM or TS is ok.

Remember do not bug any moderator on this we are not providing any support until its finalised, its just there to showcase ACE.

Enjoy

incase anyone alrdy updated ace to 184 i found rolling back was quite easy , just need the original ace zips and copy and paste... which makes me wonder y manual install was so confusing?

and if you used rsync which is the six updater or yuma addon sync just take the @rsync perimters out of game launch

I loaded the ace domination mission.

M_Wep_optics is missing

The weapon I have been waiting for, the M110SD therefore dosent have a sight, just mags the view

on my original install i was missing something, but i did the rsync thing and it went away...

i just did a roll back to 182 and no problems so its not a version error just an install error

Edited by Bsilenced