Spartans Home

History of your game name?

Jadecougar

I checked the search out but didn't find a topic like this to my surprise.

One of my personal favourite topics to read in game forums are the ones dedicated to the explanation of the in game names that we all have. It's another way to get to know some people and their way of thinking regarding their game name. Please treat this as my proactive way to get to know YOU!

Some of the names are often funny. Some serious. Some sentimental. Some practical. Some describe character. Some are downright silly. In any case, it makes for good bathroom reading! :lol:

To start, my name Jadecougar is the first and only game name I'll likely ever have.

Back in the old days of gaming by means of role playing, there was a game called Battletech that was really popular in its time. It's basically Mechwarrior on paper and all you've got is a basic play board, a rule book, dice, and an imagination and you've got it all.

My game name Jadecougar was born from playing this game. My character's callsign was this. The name has stuck through thick and thin to a point where I'm the only one with the name...at least to my knowledge. It describes the way I aspire to play (note the word "aspire" = not there but aiming to be there).

Jade- is a great name, colour, and jewel that I like very much. The name reminds me of my work trips to Hong Kong and China a few years back.

-Cougar describes the animal obviously. Rather stealthy. Likes to stalk its prey before it pounces with a load of attacking strength seen by few other animals. It's graceful and dangerous!

This is how I'd like to play someday...many of you already fulfill that.

What about your names?

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...66&hl=names

this is the thread you are after mate, you should be able to see it :lol:

Thanks for the link. I got: "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken"

I assume it's basic privileges. My bad for double posting. If a moderator could merge my post with the thread, that'd be coolio cool!