Spartans Home

Zenos PC is playing up

Zeno~SPARTA~

I remember loading games from a cassette deck, and now we all have 500 - 1000Gb hard drives just lying around. I can stil recall the tears when my "ELITE" cassette got eaten in the mechanism

----progress is great, but I am a luddite at heart

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
hey zeno sorry to hear about your computer......build a new one ;). i just built a system with the i7 920 oc'ed to 3.8 and passive cooling. I have been enjoying arma with no issues i recommend it highly! goodluck and see ya on the servers

I wish I could OC my 920. I even installed an aftermarket heatsink (one of the best), but am forced to run at stock speeds.

/sigh

hey zeno sorry to hear about your computer......build a new one ;). i just built a system with the i7 920 oc'ed to 3.8 and passive cooling. I have been enjoying arma with no issues i recommend it highly! goodluck and see ya on the servers

Next year is the planned build date, not before. Until then this will have to do.

I wish I could OC my 920. I even installed an aftermarket heatsink (one of the best), but am forced to run at stock speeds.

/sigh

why can't you oc????? if its a heat problem i7s run hotter than what your used to i had mine @ 87c for 7 hours plus with prime 95 and it ran like a champ the whole time. I was shocked that it ran but i have read that the i7 could run around 100c max!!!!! insane

why can't you oc????? if its a heat problem i7s run hotter than what your used to i had mine @ 87c for 7 hours plus with prime 95 and it ran like a champ the whole time. I was shocked that it ran but i have read that the i7 could run around 100c max!!!!! insane

Whenever I change a single O.C. setting (and this includes following guides), or hell, even enable the "Dummy O.C" feature of my mobo, my computer fails to boot.

Right Arma 2 is giving me too much trouble in vista on this machine so I am going to rebuild my XP hard drive.

you sure its not the game causing the problem :MSNWINK:

NB. this is a joke and no intention to offend, please dont take the above seriously.

It is the game, but I am addicted, lol.

Zeno I totally understand where your coming from. I bought this game and installed it on my old Pentium 4 system. Keep in mind this is my first PC game. I've been a PlayStation guy since it's release. I have no PC gaming experience what so ever anyway.... I soon realized that my old system couldn't play the game. I was so impressed with arma 2 that I had to be able to play it so i built a system that could keep up and i'm so glad i did................. im going to play a game now ;)

OK, so In switzerland I have resolved my problems by building an XP drive, which ran flawlessly.

Today I arrive in france where the recently built Vista drive was working flawlessly, When I turned it on there were some windows updates, so I installed them.

It updated vista to SP2

Now I get bizarre BSODs in Game with the following error

stop: 0x00000124(0x00000000,0x85cd1028,0xb2000040,0x00000800)

I checked this on the microsoft site but didnt find anything applicable

Before that I installed riva tuner to fix the fan speed at 100%

When the crash happens the cpu temp is around 60C and the GPU is around 73C

it is not the temps,

I think the problem stem from SP2, So yet again tomorrow I will build an XP drive for gaming.

This will be my 4th build in 2 weeks, very irritating.

Looks like memory error, maybe. try increaseing the page file memory. If your running a nvidia card , you should be useing ntune and maybe not rivia, rivia is for ati cards i think. Are you running sli, if you are theres a hot fix in nvidias sight.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~