Spartans Home

Zenos PC is playing up

Zeno~SPARTA~

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHA!! This is Zeno's way of saying... TIME TO BUILD A NEW COMPUTER!! :D

You might want to check your power supply also, with 5 drives, vid, cpu, mem, etc. your system may be sensitive to any pwr supply degradation.

Make sure you blow the dust out of it also when you blow out your comp.

Could be. They make these thermometer guns now, you just point and shoot and it gives you the live temp right where the red dot is ,extreamly handy for dienoseing temp problems. Check this link. Fire up the a/c unit and cool it off. Here if florida its so hot that my vid card heats up if I don't keep the house a/c on and cool in here.

http://www.arizonatools.com/tools/temperat...uns-and-probes/

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

I had multiple BSODs yesterday. So I did some more checking.

My QX6700 runs at 2667 gigahertz out of the box 10x266.66) I forgot that I had OC'd it to 12x266.66 or 3.2GH, this had never been a problem but maybe arma is straing it more somehow, so I dropped it to 11x or 2.9GH.

Hopefully this will be ok if not, I'll take it to stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Today my PC spluttered its last breath and refused to restart, I think the Raptors have failed.

I am currently on my XPS laptop which 3 years ago could play 3d games, I'll find out if it can now. I am installing Arma. I may not be able to play but I should be able to keep an eye on whats going on in game.

I'll Sort out another hard drive and try to get my main PC going again.

And so the rebuild starts.

I have a relatively unused 500gb drive and a new 750gb drive

I am doing a full vista 32 bit install and then will use true acronis to back it up to the new drive.

The idea is to hold out to January when I will upgrade the entire PC to windows 7 64bit ddr3 etc etc

I should be on for ArmA tonight