Spartans Home

Domination Fixes and Updates

MH6~SPARTA~

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to echo Durka's "helluva job MH6"!!!!

Though I would like to ask about something Zeno mentioned. Can the C-130 be adjusted to have reverse thrust?

Real ones do through the method mentioned by Zeno. It not only allows them to back up on the ground, but after landing enables them to slow down faster. Feathered pitch props on the turboprops, don't recall if they have reverse thrust deflectors at the back of the turboprop, but definetly pitched props could be feathered to back them up.

I worked on trash haulers for a number of years and they used to have a demonstration at the yearly airshow in Rhein Main AB, Frankfurt, Germany (West Germany at the time). Combat air assault landings, plus they take off over a short runway and can use a dirt landing strip. hmmmm, I see combat engineers erecting a dirt airfield (bet that could be done as a placeable runway).

Anyhow, just curious, great job, keep up the interesting work.

I have to echo Durka's "helluva job MH6"!!!!

Though I would like to ask about something Zeno mentioned. Can the C-130 be adjusted to have reverse thrust?

Real ones do through the method mentioned by Zeno. It not only allows them to back up on the ground, but after landing enables them to slow down faster. Feathered pitch props on the turboprops, don't recall if they have reverse thrust deflectors at the back of the turboprop, but definetly pitched props could be feathered to back them up.

I worked on trash haulers for a number of years and they used to have a demonstration at the yearly airshow in Rhein Main AB, Frankfurt, Germany (West Germany at the time). Combat air assault landings, plus they take off over a short runway and can use a dirt landing strip. hmmmm, I see combat engineers erecting a dirt airfield (bet that could be done as a placeable runway).

Anyhow, just curious, great job, keep up the interesting work.

I'll see if it's possible, but I think that's something that can only be done in a full-fledged addon as opposed to some map scripts. Would love it though, so I'm hoping I can figure something out.

I'm sure ya'll are tired of all the aircraft changes, so if anyone has something they'd like to see for infantry/ground vehicles, let me know.

P.S- I removed the password from my test server so anyone can hop on if they'd like. I thought it was a LAN only server but I guess not :P . Keep in mind it is a test server that is constantly being changed, and it's hosted on my shitty second PC so it may be a little unstable.

Edited by MH6

Yeah I remember watching a C-130 in Mosul do this combat landing manuver where he came in really high, too high and we were yelling all worried he was going to crash. He then dipped down to close to 45deg angle (this being at leass than 500ft up), then pulled the nose back just as he was about to hit the ground. Landed like a feather. The next time I saw it I was in the back of one of those damned things. I still love flying somehow :)

Yeah I remember watching a C-130 in Mosul do this combat landing manuver where he came in really high, too high and we were yelling all worried he was going to crash. He then dipped down to close to 45deg angle (this being at leass than 500ft up), then pulled the nose back just as he was about to hit the ground. Landed like a feather. The next time I saw it I was in the back of one of those damned things. I still love flying somehow :)

Damn, wish I could ride in one. That'd be badass.

New bug fix: Airdrop choppers should no longer freeze in mid-air, and on the off-chance they do, it will reset their position to over the drop zone and force them to drop.

There's really nothing much to see when you're strapped in one. If you're lucky (like I was, or maybe it was unlucky) you'll be beside a porthole near the back. They're beautifully ugly machines, though, and I love watching them fly.....when I'm on the ground lol.

:P

I'd love to parajump out of one, personally.

Edit: Ran across a Tow Tractor script someone posted on the BI forums, so I threw it in the map. Has the exact problem I mentioned a few posts ago, in that its like the C130 is welded to the tractor instead of rotating freely about the connection joint. But ah well, works well enough.

User posted image

Edited by MH6

Here's something to feast your eyes on MH...

http://www.blackfive.net/.a/6a00d8341bfadb...a5379983970b-pi

U.S. Army soldiers ride in an Air Force C-17 Globemaster III aircraft for the air-drop portion of a joint forcible entry exercise over Fort Bragg, N.C., Aug. 26, 2009. The soldiers are assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Jason Robertson

As far as I currently know, the only thing that'll go out the back is that Humvee. The paras will jump out two side doors.

By the way, how is your domination fix going? Think it will be ready by Friday?

whatss wrong with aircraft you guys maybe add some su34 and some other stuff and would it be possible before take like at jet service area you got another button to change loadout like it tons of enemy jets get a AAir package, support:GBU package, mixute etc etc becuase its frustrating to fly and be out of the two sidewinders i have and i cant do anything at mach 3 with the gun just a request like add jets then a certain trigger would go off and spawn su34 like 10 minutes flight out and it gives a warning that incoming jets and it only goes off if you got rewards a fighter jet like the harrier or JSF.

Here's something to feast your eyes on MH...

http://www.blackfive.net/.a/6a00d8341bfadb...a5379983970b-pi

As far as I currently know, the only thing that'll go out the back is that Humvee. The paras will jump out two side doors.

By the way, how is your domination fix going? Think it will be ready by Friday?

Wow, that C-17 cargo bay is fucking big.

And I still need to get some people to help me test it before I'm comfortable putting it on the server, but it's pretty much ready now, I think. There are still a few minor fixes that need to be done but they should be relatively easy.

I can't seem to find your server online. I'd love to help you test it if I can find out where to go :)

Alright, once I upload the latest files to it, I'll put it up.

Edit: OK, had to make some quick changes but it's up, and will hopefully be up for most of the day.

Edited by MH6

Read the info Halo we don't want THIS Domination to be come an Air war we want ground action.

no im just saying that it would keep the jet pliots occupated by defending the ground troops or maybe make one of the latter towns when we have jets and stuff be like mostly air and anti-air so that ground troops will have to help out the fighters and vice versea to stay alive.

MH6, is it at all possible to incorporate this into the new Domination? If not, that's cool, I just had some tactical ideas for this, using it only in the Huey of course.

BTW, how's it coming along? Think we'll be ready by Friday? No pressure if not.

Yeah, though I'd like to get some guys together and do a quick test before slapping it on the main server. No one is able to join the server I'm hosting apparently, so could one of the extra Sparta servers be used for this (temporarily)?

Edited by MH6

MH, is there a way to spawn the parajump flagpole between 5-10min after a town is cleared?

Yeah, I'll do that. Also, didn't notice the link to that huey thing before, but I can certainly add it (that huey mod uses the same script commands I do to attach the vehicles to the C-130s cargo bay)