Spartans Home

Announcing: Sparta Tactical Domination Nights: UPDATED

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Hiding enemy assets was a stroke of genius and really made us (Delta Recon) feel we were useful for a change. I love the recon role and this is what I have always played in any FPS games. One note on this though, Like Panic said, at some point the Enemy Camp Markers did reappear on the map though they definitely were not there at the start of the AO. Do they appear again when there is direct line of site?

I'll doublecheck the code. They are in theory supposed to stay invisible at all times when that setting is marked, but maybe the FSM that controls who owns the camp might show them once at least one camp is taken.

Edit: I think i found the issue, it had to do with join in progress players only. It should be fixed now, uploading into N.2

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW. I just want to know one thing: As I was the designated pilot yesterday to bring in troops, armour, beer etc to the AO I just want to know who was it who shot at me from Opfor with an unguided missile as I brought in an abrams with my MH60 (2nd AO). You missed me few inches... :lol:

The 2nd time just a few minutes later I brought in a Repair truck at the same LZ and again an unguided missile was fired on my chopper, and again it missed me a few inches. What a fun... The thing is that AI does not fire RPGs on choppers so I just wanted to know WAS IT YOU KAL??? Or was it Ebden?

Anyway you should improve your aim... :lol:

Hiding enemy assets was a stroke of genius and really made us (Delta Recon) feel we were useful for a change. I love the recon role and this is what I have always played in any FPS games. One note on this though, Like Panic said, at some point the Enemy Camp Markers did reappear on the map though they definitely were not there at the start of the AO. Do they appear again when there is direct line of site?

When everyone got kicked off the server in the second AO (Polana), the server restarted automatically with markers for the camps/rt. I wanted to change it back, but knew if I did, the server would crash again and we would restart with kelm again.

This is a great job !

Too bad Fri afternoon is tough for me to be on, but this are the kind of "reports" I love to read!

Remember, the TACDOM server is up all week long. All it takes is for a few guys to join. All we ask is that you keep the spirit of tacdom consistant in the server, and not act like you're in the public server.

2: Permenant assignment as Recon Medic.

We'd love to, but we all know why we can't.

BTW. I just want to know one thing: As I was the designated pilot yesterday to bring in troops, armour, beer etc to the AO I just want to know who was it who shot at me from Opfor with an unguided missile as I brought in an abrams with my MH60 (2nd AO). You missed me few inches... :lol:

The 2nd time just a few minutes later I brought in a Repair truck at the same LZ and again an unguided missile was fired on my chopper, and again it missed me a few inches. What a fun... The thing is that AI does not fire RPGs on choppers so I just wanted to know WAS IT YOU KAL??? Or was it Ebden?

Anyway you should improve your aim... :lol:

No, I was on for a total of 10 minutes, in which I took out a Tusk w/ 2 Javelins, and then logged out.

No, I was on for a total of 10 minutes, in which I took out a Tusk w/ 2 Javelins, and then logged out.

We found that the Jav locked onto the M1A1 you were carrying in N. of Polana, so I took a couple shots at various times, as did Lightspeed. We didn't miss at all, right on target (your cargo), but we wondered if either the repair truck or the M1A1 suffered any damage while in the air attached to the helo.

Where was your staging area N? Was it by the fueling station, or a little further S of it? The AO diameter made it extremely frustrating to get a view as to what you were doing up there. The only chance I had was to engage Adder and Wolf, Zeno at some point as well, when y'all were in the open on the hill W of the fueling station. It was fun, with each time I had to run back to the ammo box as a real bit of fear that I'd be dead and waiting for 2 minutes, since it was a clean sprint across your line of fire!

As for the rest of it, the insertion on the ocean side was good at the first town. We considered the obvious points N,W,and S, but figured the E was too exposed (but at some point early something exploded by shilka fire near the Lumberyard. What was it?)

We found that the Jav locked onto the M1A1 you were carrying in N. of Polana, so I took a couple shots at various times, as did Lightspeed. We didn't miss at all, right on target (your cargo), but we wondered if either the repair truck or the M1A1 suffered any damage while in the air attached to the helo.

Where was your staging area N? Was it by the fueling station, or a little further S of it? The AO diameter made it extremely frustrating to get a view as to what you were doing up there. The only chance I had was to engage Adder and Wolf, Zeno at some point as well, when y'all were in the open on the hill W of the fueling station. It was fun, with each time I had to run back to the ammo box as a real bit of fear that I'd be dead and waiting for 2 minutes, since it was a clean sprint across your line of fire!

As for the rest of it, the insertion on the ocean side was good at the first town. We considered the obvious points N,W,and S, but figured the E was too exposed (but at some point early something exploded by shilka fire near the Lumberyard. What was it?)

yes I was ordered to bring in the cargo to the fuel station. The first time I came in much too high and took some MG fire. This was when you fired the Javs on the tank. 2nd time I came in pretty low and still took MG fire. 3rd time I came in very, very low inserted Adder flew away just to see that right after the touchdown he was killed.

All in all it was pretty cool to play a whole Tac dom night as designated pilot, trying to insert low face to face with the trees. I can imgine now what it takes in reality to make such insertions. I think I would die on the pilot seat by an adrenalin overdosis.

N2 is the most solid map. Only two gaps exist: Podeba Dam, and the funky counterattack issue. However, you can fix these by

1) commenting out Podebo Dam in i_common.sqf (line 181)

2) Updating "target_clear.sqf" on line 16 to say "if (_ran > 100) then {" hence stopping any possibility of counterattacks on the map.

Due to family commitments during the holidays and recent work commitments, I've only been able to participate in TacDom on three occasions during the past 2 1/2 months. A permanent change in my work schedule now leaves me unable to join in at all on Fridays.

Do we run TacDom on other days?

Due to family commitments during the holidays and recent work commitments, I've only been able to participate in TacDom on three occasions during the past 2 1/2 months. A permanent change in my work schedule now leaves me unable to join in at all on Fridays.

Do we run TacDom on other days?

Im with you Fatal Im down to play tactical when ever. It would be nice to know a day or two before hand so I and others could plan on it. We should have at least 6 guys to play though and thats being conservitive. JLMK............ Im good to play 1800 EST till 2100 weekdays

Im with you Fatal Im down to play tactical when ever. It would be nice to know a day or two before hand so I and others could plan on it. We should have at least 6 guys to play though and thats being conservitive. JLMK............ Im good to play 1800 EST till 2100 weekdays

To be safe, my availability schedule is as follows:

Mon-Thu, 2000 - 0200 EST.

Fri - Unavailable

Sat - Anytime really, I may have to work around other plans I may have made; earlier in the day is better.

Sun - After 1900 EST, possibly earlier, it depends on how long the Sunday Races run.

Of course I don't mind playing on the regular public server, either.

As I'm right in the middle of a schedule change, the earliest I'll be available in Sat. Thursday may be closed once I get Neverwinter Nights reinstalled, because I may be playing with Cylawyer and his group.

If the turnout during the week for the TacDom server is low (6 - ), then we can turn on the side missions. You will gain much more valuable experience doing the side missions as a small squad than you will trying to tackle a whole AO with only 6 people.

Note: Do not give the password out to anyone you don't think is capable of playing exactly the same as we do on Friday nights. That means one has to work as a team, set up channels with MC, and have their TS keybinds. Don't let it descend into just a passworded public server.

Note: Do not give the password out to anyone you don't think is capable of playing exactly the same as we do on Friday nights. That means one has to work as a team, set up channels with MC, and have their TS keybinds. Don't let it descend into just a passworded public server.

No worries, Durka. The very reason I asked was to try to be part of a focused and disciplined group every once in a while. And I like your suggestion: Side Missions would be much better suited to a small group than going after the bulk of the enemy forces in the AO. We wouldn't even need to be in separate channels for that.

No worries, Durka. The very reason I asked was to try to be part of a focused and disciplined group every once in a while. And I like your suggestion: Side Missions would be much better suited to a small group than going after the bulk of the enemy forces in the AO. We wouldn't even need to be in separate channels for that.

Yep, it's much easier to lose focus when a few are playing on such a big AO. Side missions are where it's at when it comes to one squad.