Spartans Home

FreeTrack

Hey I just tested this with my WebCam, and the ProClip that you get with the TrackIR. This also works, so all you need do is buy the ProClip if you can't be bothered to make one.

I must say it's just as good as the TrackIR.

Nice find Durka I love shit like this.

Pro-Clip from TrackIR is powered from a standard USB port (not a low powered port as found on some keyboards etc). The camera and Pro-Clip T's into the same port using the connector provided.

Durka I have a '4' which I purchased prior to the release of '5' and have no issues with it at all. Great piece of kit but takes a bit of getting used to (as does 5) since using your head as a controller is new for most folks.

Dai (and perhaps Cobol) has the '5' so i'll leave it to them to explain the virtues of that particular model.

Either way once you get used to them you'll soon wonder how you ever played without one.

Good Luck,

X

ps I know some very good players that don't use TrackIR at all but instead utilize the 'FreeLook' feature built into the game. One of the downsides to TrackIR is the lack of any indication that you are looking in the same direction your body is pointing. The on-screen cursor helps mitigate this issue but that cursor is disabled on the 'expert' levels as well as the tactical server.