Spartans Home

ArmA 2 Scrims

Zeno~SPARTA~

I have no idea how to do this but it seems to be the right function

Here is a very useful function - great for giving a "campaign" feel to a running battle. Try this in your init.sqs file:

while(true) do {

skiptime 0.00333 ~0.1 }

This will make each day pass in around 12 minutes - great fun watching sunsets and the night sky!

• 4 weeks later...

Like Zeno, I haven't put too much time into making pvp missions just yet, but I have a few coming down the pipeline once work starts to ease off a little bit.

I made one PvP mission that's currently on the server where one team has to destroy the convoy, and the other has to get the convoy to survive.

I'm looking into making a "rescue" mission, where one team has to get to the downed pilots first, and the other has to rescue, ect. Making the PvP with respawns and such is a little more difficult, at least when you want to get everything right that is, but I'm working on it, and I'm sure Dai & Morgan are too.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing...if we can inject some patience into the server, and try to keep people from hyperventalating while they're running around the map looking for something to shoot, we can probably make the domination experience a little more enjoyable. Remember, we are the ones who set the tone of the server and how people play. It's not hard at all to post messages up telling them to take a breath and stage things/cleanup things before they run into the next town like a bunch of wild Bezerkers. (just my thoughts)

Here's something that might be of value to us. I haven't tried it out yet, but the descritption looks interesting....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82429

UPDATE : CH120 BATTLEFIELDS T2E

Download link : http://zdrob.neuf.fr/

Hi

I will explain what this mission is with keywords :

- PvP

- 120 players (if more player slots needed just edit the map and add them, that's all)

- no AI

- realistic objectives

- realistic ammunition usage (from smoke grenades to kamov missiles, all ammunition types have a cost)

- realistic respawn (when you die you lose rank, role, commanding, recruiting, you are in the same situation as at mission start)

- hold and attack

- long distances (ambushing convoys possibility, increased value of transport helicopters and experienced pilots)

- RPG like

- cooperative playing

- commander & recruiters

- player roles for access to vehicle types

- multiple ranks (promotion by commander) required to get vehicles

- demobilization (commander's/recruiter's noob control system :-)

- performance (2 triggers and 2 threads on server only)

- fast JIP (map is under 200KB, no intensive use of setVehicleInit, just once at vehicle creation)

- group naming (commander chooses names for groups instead of 1-1-A)

- customizing friendly (it is very easy to : change starting positions, objectives positions, ammo/vehicle costs, timers for base positioning, base capturing etc)

Things left to be done :

- garbage collector (dead bodies and vehicles are not removed)

- changing soldier model in game (to use sniper camo suit for instance)

- adding more translations to stringtable.csv (only for english now)

- taking prisoners

• 2 weeks later...
Durka has a convoy TvT mission I need 6 people (or more) to test it. This isnt really a scrim but just a foretaste to see how it might play out. I am thinking Friday 10pm uk time for the test.

Still peeking over the wall with interest on this one. Unfortunately I am now on holiday in Scotland for two weeks and may miss the initial tentative steps, but would really like to get involved when I get back. As discussed I think that some people find the whole AI domination thing a bit too involved and frustrating on a public server. Getting some TvT/PvP together is definately the way to bring some lonely souls back into the mix.

We need missions that take about an hour max to put together otherwise real life is going to intrude.

Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...