Spartans Home

What's your setup like?

DaiSan

Floyd, how does that dual monitor thing work? I have a spare LCD so I am interested.

I mean, if you are gaming GRID on one, can you do desktop stuff on the other? How does the mouse become active on one monitor or the other... confused!

Floyd, how does that dual monitor thing work? I have a spare LCD so I am interested.

I mean, if you are gaming GRID on one, can you do desktop stuff on the other? How does the mouse become active on one monitor or the other... confused!

I will post a pic later but I use a LCD TV as my second monitor with TS Xfire Rcon on it it works great. Only prob I had was when I used a HDMI lead the TV wanted the sound instead of my headphones I couldn't be bothered to find a solution so I went back to DVI and its all good.

I did this with XP and Vista, Vista was slightly easier to setup dual monitors.

Most high end gaming cards have 2 video out (DVI) so one goes to each monitor.

Both XP and Vista support dual monitors and you can access this by right clicking on an empty part of the screen, I use Nvidia so I can use their contorl panel which has a tab called "Setup multiple displays" under Displays.

Unless the game is in window mode the cursor is generally not available. If you run a game in window mode you risk poor performance. Eve, command and conquer worked perfectly, GRAW worked ok, Grid was laggy and gave me a headache.

As Custard has said its easy to do, I know because I have done it and I am far from a genius in the computor setup department.

BTW I can see there has been some tidying up going on before some of these photos were taken, so my photos will be posted after the dusting cloth has seen some action.

BTW I can see there has been some tidying up going on before some of these photos were taken, so my photos will be posted after the dusting cloth has seen some action.

:hysterical: actually my desk is like this all the time, I like it tidy.

Did you not see Sams? :P Gotta love that scrabble set in there, major kudos.

Mine is a mess at the moment. I prefer a tidy area like Dai Sans, but over time it just builds up to, uhm, this :rolleyes:

Click for high rez.

IPB Image

It really is a mess, broken router, cable,HD, empty box, pens, screwdriver, bloody shocking state of affairs. I should really tidy it, hang, on, is that WTCC on telly right now... gotta go.

• 4 months later...
jeez panic so neat and tidy it looks like a catalog picture.

I'll have tose speakers plz....lol oh no wait the monitor would be handier....

I took some pics this weekend, I'll see if I dare post them tonite :D

got 2 machines on my desk at the mo

1 my old rig P965 core 2 duo 6300 2x 250 gig hdd, 2 gig ddr2 667, geforce 8800 GTS 320mb OC and my good ol 17"illiama monitor

2 my new (almost all ne components) gygabite X48 DS4 core 2 duo 8400 4 gig ddr 800, geforce 275 GTS, soundblaster x-fi music (will replace it with an auzentech one if I get the chance) cooler master gladiator 600 and the ususal gear

Maybe I'll sell of my oldest 2 rigs 1 for free (AMD athlon 1600 1 gig ddr and rest unknown, some old ATI card 32 gig hdd?)

and my other rig the AMD 3800 x2 with 160 gig geforce 7600 GT silent 2 gig ddr 5300 (4x512) in a micro atx setup. I was planning to make this rig in a htc case (media thingy) but the cases still are too expensive and I do not have room in the cabinet were my audio is..../my audio is so good, I won't connect it to an old pc.... lol