Spartans Home

Sad day for Freelancing Morgan

Morgan

Freelancer wont install on mmy 64 bit system. Using an ISO I 'acquired' somewhere mounted on a virtual cd drive for the install.

SO, got ArmA going but this may not be fixable due to the age of the game. Gonna see if I can get a workaround somewhere.

I dont have a CD to burn it to... the whole point of having the virtual drive is to emulate a cd by mounting the ISO image as if it were a CD. When I try to run the Setup, it says 'cannot find the Setup.exe' or it says 'cannot install in this version of Windows'.

Not sure what to do about that.

HMMM.... I think everyone except me, Floyd and Daisan are running... "downloaded versions" I know that Medic and Direwolf are running vista 64bit.

If you see one of them get their version.. I will also look for a version that I think I know of.

Or if you just want to take a break and not worry about Freelancer just let me know, its no problem.

Extract what? To where? There is nothing to extract, its an ISO. I cant see the setup files until it is mounted on a virtual drive. How do I extract an ISO? I have no tools to do that but have never had issues running programs from ISO's before.

HMMM.... you need a non iso file I guess. Have you checked to see if there is a newer version of your virtual CD software that would work with vista 64bit? or Daemon Tools might work. or... I know this is all very basic but you know me... I always start at the basic :beatdeadhorse:

Once I mount the ISO I might be able to copy the files and folders out of the ISO tree onto my normal hard drive and run the setup.exe from C: rather than my virtual drive.

That would bypass the 'cant find setup.exe' error prolly... will have to try it when I get home tonight.