Spartans Home

ANY help is greatly appriciated

OK IM THINK IM F_ED RIGHT NOW

for some dumb reason I thought i could run graw1 and graw2 at the same time....once graw2 was loading i got the blue screen saying that windows was halting the process to avoid damaging my system and to restart .....so i did and now when i re boot the system im getting this messgae saying

NTLDR is missing

CTRL-ALT-DELETE to restart.....only my keyboard wont work ata ll....plz tell me i didnt frie my system..........i cant get past the login screen......where its just black back ground with the load up text ....like your memory test and hard drive lists and what not.......PLAEAS SOMEONE HELP ME

DirTy

User posted image

User posted image

this is far as i can get... :|

Hey bro,

First, sorry you're havin' problems with it. NTLDR missing is a serious error. Easiest fix is this:

1) Buy a new hard drive just big enough to hold your critical files (music, photos, documents, etc) plus Windows XP.

2) Change your hard drive assignment on the crashed drive (usually a jumper on the back of the drive) and install your new hard drive as the master.

3) Boot from your XP disk and install to the new partition (allow about 1.25 hours for format and installation).

4) Once installed, you should be able to launch Explorer and view your old hard drive.

5) Copy only your critical data files (photos, music, et al) onto the new drive.

6) Reformat the old drive and either reinstall Windows on it, or use it as a place for your games.

Then you have to reinstall GRAW 1 & 2. They should be able to co-exist on the system, however one obviously caused this error.

If you try to boot from CD ROM with the Windows install disk to repair your current hard drive, that's another valid way to do it, but I do not know the commands to restore NETLDR.sys. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

...Hey, does this mean that you can't kill me on the BDA server right now? hehehe I think I'll go over there for a while.

Good luck, bro.

Pro

(Wes)

:mellow:

ok well i found out some stuff........i un pluged my raptor drive and it started up......but then once i plugged it back in i got a window millenium error warning.......Mellenium????? then i relized i had my old hdd from my old old system that had windows 2000 mill. on it so i un plugged it and now all seem s to be fine. only how do i get the old old hdd working again....or how can i test it to se if it failed?

Thanks for the reply Pro

DirTy

you could go into your bios on boot up.

Find the boot menu

look for HDD boot order

make the good system drive number 1

Currently you must have the bad system drive set as number 1.

I hope you can do this on your PC, I know I can do it on mine.

Cheers

Phil

I thought the raptor isn't that old, is it too old to be under warantee? Get the files off it like the lads have said and ask WD for a RMA.

Best of luck mate

First

Dont do anything else than move the clear cmos jumper on your Mobo and for good measures remove the batery also.

Leave it for about 30 sec and but the battery back in and remember to move the jumper back to the original place.

Then start the computer

If not

Set your boot sequence in ther bios to cd/dvd and put in the xp dvd into the drive and reboot when prompted press a button to boot from dvd

If not either......... A new xp installation ;)

Jezz guys...thanks for all the replies....i about shit myself when I saw the blue screen of death and some crazy sounds coming out of my head phone. I got it all sorted now, I unplugged the raptor and it started right up so i plugged it back in and the same thing hapened as before......SOOOOO i un plugged my old old 3rd HDD and then its all fine even with the raptor plugged in. Im pretty sure its the old HDD.....it had windows millenium installed on it and the raptor also has windows xp installed on it alos...so i have 3 HDD all have windows on them......LOL.....thanks again for all the replies.

DirTy

You see? We Spartans are loyal friends. Hope to see you on sometimes.

Pro

P.S. I guess this means your back to killing me all the time?