Spartans Home

BMW Z4 v Golf, Golf wins EASY

Rocky

I know some of you like fast cars, you gotta watch this. From the accent the guy in the BMW being filmed by his mate is English, not sure what country they are in though...

http://www.break.com/index/volkswagen-blows-away-bmw-z4.html

At the end you find out what's under the hood of the golf, no wonder the BMW was left counting cats eyes LOL!

I have to admit I LOL'd at the end when you can hear him say "I'm not 'aving that!" LOLOLOL!!!

Edited by Rocky

I think he means the owner is given a couple of weeks to return the engine to stock. In many countries parts have to be homologated, so if you add a turbo which increases power 30% you have to go to the controlling body and pay a huge fee to get the part homologated. Most dont bother but if you are caught you are put on notice to return the unit to stock. In the UK you can get away with much more, but denmark is one of the strictest countries and one of the most draconian.

This is why remapping the engine ecu is so popular, its the least visible stage of tuning, the cheapest and the least obvious (although once the car is plugged into the manufacturers computer it will be detected, even if its reflashed back to stock, there is a flash counter and the manufacturer knows about every flash they are responsible for).

Yep but the best part is that WE KEEP THE PARTS!!!

Yes sir. I confiscate the car on the spot. Have it taken to a Dyno were they measure the BHP then i document the whole thing by taking pictures of the Turbos gages etc. Then the car is taken to another place were they strip all the illigal parts and what ever is left he gets back along with a dokument were he signs that he agrees on me confiscating the parts and destroy them.

All the above is all payed by him cos it´s expenses related to the case.

He gets a fine of around 200£ but then there is all the above that amounts to aprox. 1000-1500£

Welcome to Denmark!

Holy Big Brother State!!! Jeeeez!

Well not really. There is nothing wrong with just getting everything approved and being in the EU having a certificat from TÜV ( German athority thats tests almost verything for the road) makes that really easy. Problem is they don´t approve the car without aditional work to the brakes suspension ect. Remember 650BHP from a car that weighs in at about 1100kg, and that is were the young people cut the corner and thereby taking a huge risk by taking this sort of car on the street. Btw it wasnt a G4 but a G3 VR6 so imaging that old pice of junk with 650BHP with everything else stock. No sir i prefer to punish that idiot for being completly stupid and risking his and ohters live. Call it Big brother but i call it road safety (mine and others)

Anouther reasion why I live in the U.S. The only limmit to horse power here is how much money you have to spend on engines. But there is no fees or special permitts here. If you get killed for being stupid on the highway here. Its your own tough luck. Ems will scrape your gutts off the highway and your famliy will have to pay to burry whats left. Useally see one or two A week here.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Anouther reasion why I live in the U.S. The only limmit to horse power here is how much money you have to spend on engines. But there is no fees or special permitts here. If you get killed for being stupid on the highway here. Its your own tough luck. Ems will scrape your gutts off the highway and your famliy will have to pay to burry whats left. Useally see one or two A week here.

I thought there were a few restrictions. I saw a corvette driver once that blew up his engine. He apparently was going to try to drag race somebody on some road near the beach, revved his engine up way to high at the start and it exploded out and up. Tore the hood completely off, but no injuries. Fiberglass everywhere. :lol:

Oh yes indeed A poorly set up car is a hasard. But unlike you nice folks haveing the autobond near buy, we have speed limmits. The Vehicle only has to meet DOT safety standards and emmisions standard for the year of the vehicle and under go a safety inspection to be highway leagle. It can have 2,ooo hp But the cacth is the speed limmit. Some states here have laws stateing if A person gets caught going 40 mph over the speed limmit = jail time, and a suppended licones.

That is If you get caught. It would cost a mint to insure it here as well. So i gess every country has different things to try limmit it as well.

Every country has this problem. They Can't fix stupid people.

In Florida, It can be a perfect bright sunny day, road conditions perfect, No winds, A great day, They will manage to crash and burn upside down in a dicth somewhere clogging up traffic for miles Go figure.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Only german autobahns have no speed limits on some sections, everywhere else in Europe there are speed limits. 70 mph on UK motorways (highways), about 80 mph on french autoroutes and 75mph in switzerland.

Interestingly in the UK the speed limits were introduced temporarily in the 60s when rumours circulated that the AC 427 Cobra was being tested on the M1 at 180mph, the speed limits were never lifted.

I have never spent one minute in the DMV or its equivalent. The cars are MOT certificated yearly after the 3rd year but that is just a question of leaving the car at a MOT sanctioned garage.

I used to have a fake snake, Jag suspension and brakes, 5.7 litre chevy V8, Ford T10 gearbox, straight through side pipes. It was registered as a Jaguar. This caused no problems even when stopped by the police (nor when my ex wife blew up the engine), I dont know if thats true today in the UK and it certainly would not be allowed in France or Switzerland.

I know today if you merely take the cat off and are caught the car can be impounded (there were rurours spreading that cars would be crushed, but I think that is BS)

When the Cat first came out in the U.S. alot of people cut them out, Or removed them and punched out the honey comb. One thing they did do was when the cat was first introduced, that is when they shifted to nolead fuel due to the lead would clogg it up. We can thank California for all the emission controlls we have today. They have that mountian range along the Nevada side and the smogg collected there big time. When the wind changed direction it all blow out to sea. It was getting bad with the smogg in the U.S. It was a good idea to go to the catalitic converter. That is also then the computer control came out. Known as CCC Computer command control. The first CCC system had a mixture solenoid in the main jet circit in the carburatior. It had to be calibrated @ a certian mixture or what they call Dwell. The first computers were fairly dumb and it took 10 miles of driveing for it to learn.

More on this later.