Spartans Home

Arma on server 4

custard~SPARTA~

I got a little gametime on Friday (did the noob thing and died falling down stairs LOL) and thought this looks different.

Signed in on Saturday and seeing the Cod channel was fullish already I hopped into the Arma channel to say hi before playing Cod5. Well they were just about to kick of a mission and invited me in so I gave it a go.

I was a bit concerned that there were six people in channel, I've always felt that four per channel is the maximum I can cope with without getting confused and still stay tactical. Actually comms were not confusing, with the rules being used the way they are, and six can defend themselves a magnitude better that four, quite an eye opener.

A couple of times we did bunch up a bit and at one time strung out but on the whole the team stayed together and were very effective, I have yet to grasp the movements properly but I guess that will come with time. Information on the actual mission was a bit light a brief at the start would have been helpful and we all knew getting in those enemy jeeps was a mistake (friendly AI have got me before that way) but nobody said anything ROFL.

Thanks to Dai-san for suggesting the Scar H spector variant, for Medic for the info on switching sight modes and X-wind for putting so much time into this for us.

It was a pleasure having you aboard mate and squad movement is something that only comes with practice (which is a good excuse for you to come back and play more B)) but all in all I think the whole mission went really well.

I will be playing Arma Fridays and Sundays, I'm not ready to abandon the W@W public server at other times, it's just too much fun trying to knife Floyd (and failing).

I forgot too mention in my first post being able to run 5000M draw distance because of the lack of vegatation was a bit freaky.

Glad you enjoyed it Custard. I hope everyone else did as well.

I'm also glad you pointed out that the rules are there to enhance the immersion and run effiiciently and for no other reason. If comms start buzzing with chit chat then people are processing that instead of paying attention...will never work.

That particular night was more of an orientation for players not familiar with A.C.E. and/or new to ArmA. Next time will be different as will the time after that. Each run is unique and things may be happening for reasons that are not immediately obvious.....there is however a plan...lol

Great night and hope there's many more to come.

Cheers