Spartans Home

ARMA2 -Urban- Game Play (PC Version) 20 Apr

NoScream~SPARTA~

One of the characters calls for a medic and said CORPSE MAN which is wrong. It is technically pronounced CORE MAN. Spelled Corpsman.

Thats what we get when we left foreigners design U.S. Military simulators... Of course, I can't do any better.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

That is such a basic error Medic that it actually has me concerned about how many other bits they have messed up. <_<

I have to be honest guys but for me that video not only sounded awful, but I hate the huge squad faces in the bottom left and thought the graphics were leaning towards the more arcade style of gaming, based on this video alone I would be in no hurry to get it.

I always knew that out of the box Arma 2 was never going to compete with our current setup in server 4, but if this is an example of how the end product is going to look then I fear that it's going to take the Arma community longer that I thought to make it something I would be interested in.

After watching it a few times, it really looks like an XBOX port. 'How do I know?' you may ask. I really don't, it's just a gut feeling.

However, the video does show the words 'Preview Version - Work in Progress' at the top of the screen. How early in the process is hard to tell. We can only hope it is like the first month of programming. ;)

Why does the guys boot hitting the pavement sound like a Amish horse buggy going over cobble stones? :wtf:

As far as the faces at the bottom go, I know that currently, we have the option to turn them off as well as the fact that in COOP they should only appear if there are AI present which for us, is rare... if ever. Would be cool to add pictures of ourselves to our avatars and then have them display there though.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Hope you guys dont mind me butting in :)

It sounds like the guy is on a Horse :) in the you tube clip.

I brought Arma 1 and uninstalled the after a few trys, like many i was hoping for a fun MP side but the hitbox was terrible and the crosshair was hard to get used to i was hoping Arma 2 was going to fix that but although the graphics look nice the shooting doesnt seem to have changed :( and the voice over sounds awfull.

Saying that with all games untill you try it you never can tell.

Not sure if this is a factor but there is NO audio hardware acceleration for ArmA 2.

Instead they are using software specifically for a 'write once code twice' audio setup in light of the XBOX 360 compatibility requirement.

ArmA I only vaguely resembles what it once was and may be the last of true 'PC only' full scale battlefield simulators.

Forcing console compatibility with a game of this scale concerns me.

Time will tell I suppose.

Hope you guys dont mind me butting in :)

It sounds like the guy is on a Horse :) in the you tube clip.

I brought Arma 1 and uninstalled the after a few trys, like many i was hoping for a fun MP side but the hitbox was terrible and the crosshair was hard to get used to i was hoping Arma 2 was going to fix that but although the graphics look nice the shooting doesnt seem to have changed :( and the voice over sounds awfull.

Saying that with all games untill you try it you never can tell.

I got a copy of Arma soon after release and tried the SP it was awful.

After a few friends here sounded like they were having fun I reinstalled and got into it, the mods have made a massive difference it now is a great game.

I haven't played since christmas because I have been too busy with COD5 but after listening to the guys talk about the recent mod changes they have made I am going to have to start playing again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha "CORPSE-MANNNNN!!!!" That's the last thing ya wanna say, lol. I'm excited for this game and I love the Fall foilage and how where it's supposed to be set. But, for the LOVE OF GOD, why does every frickin thing that has to do with war nowadays dominated by Marines??? No offense, but ArmA lends itself much more towards regular Army operations than it does Marines. I listened to a soldier once say "Give the Marines 10 more years, and Falluja will be a strictly Marine operation."

I don't wanna fly some damned outdated Huey or Cobra. I wanna fly Blackhawks, Littlebirds, APACHE's (woah) and my personal favorite, Kiowas. And I don't wanna spend my valuable time trying to patch my Hind up with duct tape. :)

Disclaimer: I may be just a little bit biased, and a tad jealous, but I mean well and am looking forward to this game :)