Spartans Home

Arma prob with solution

custard~SPARTA~

On startup you get just a black screen and when the game is loaded and at welcome screen the buttons are black blocks with the screen split in two the top half a lighter colour than the bottom half.

The problem is memory with 64 bit rigs.

My original spec was 4Gb Ram and a GPU with 768Mb Ram and Arma ran fine.

On changing the GPU to one with 1Gb Ram I get the problem to solve it I had to take out two sticks of ram or disable them at startup in BIOS.

Honestly, I am running Vista Black Edition with 4 GB RAM on a 9800GTX+ 1 GB DDR3... with no trouble. Matter of fact, I can run the game at full settings, with the draw distance at 10,000m and the Textures set to high and I still get at least 35 fps, which is playable but not preferable.

What drivers are you running? I am running the 182.08 drivers and have no trouble. I know these are way out dated, but everything I have installed works great. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

As my ATI card is new I only have the latest driver when my 8800 GTX comes back its going back in and Harry (son) can have the ATI.

Dude if I take out ram the problem goes away I know it's mad you don't have the same problem but having been pointed to a couple of threads it seems others have had the same issue.

• 1 month later...

Hold on a sec....

This issue was fixed with 1.16b. I'm almost certain Custard has put his RAM back in and can now run ArmA without any problem. He could of course tell you better himself.

See Link and Link

I can run ArmA with 12 GB of RAM installed on Vista 64 (nVidia GPU) so you must have something else going on.

Good Luck,

Yep the last patch cured my prob it's even mentioned in the list of fixes that came with the patch.