Spartans Home

GRAW2 installation for SPARTA play

Ive installed GRAW2.. patched it to 1.05.

Ive installed Brettzie's mod (both 2.05 and an attempt at 2.05b)... when I try connect to the server I get a message saying I have altered files and cant connect because I am cheating.

As soon as I get this message I have to re-install the game from scratch as nothing I do will return the game to playable condition.

I grabbed the map pack and had no trouble with that.

I can connect to the official servers and a couple of clan servers I tried with no issue as long as I dont install the 2.05 mod.

Any ideas?

Morgan

A bunch of us had that problem initially which we overcame by copying the original instance of GRAW2 into a new folder and applying the mod there. But we no longer have this problem. If you have reinstalled GRAW2 read the following explanation of how the bundled version of the mod works. As you will see the .bat command runs through a seperate series of files, leaving the original game intact if you join a non Brettzies server.

I use the bundled version v2.05b, here's my setup

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bat - which goes into the game root

context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml - which goes into the game root

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bundle - which goes into the mod folder

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05 (folder) - which goes into the local folder

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bat contains this command

"graw2.exe -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml"

as you can see it basically points to the xml file in the root

context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml

The first few lines look like this

<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="bp_weapons_pack_v2.05"/>--><!--change to "english" to uninstall-->

--><!--delete this line or comment out front with "<!--" to uninstall--><!--not used in 2.0-->

As you can see the xml refers to language=bp_weapons_pack_v2.05 (which is in the "local" folder) and (which is in the "mods" folder)

If you havent reinstalled the GRAW2, check to make sure the "English" folder in "Local" and the "mods" folder are empty before trying to install the Brettzies mod, I think this causes problems for joining non Brettzies servers and is a non issue when using the bundled version of the mod.

As always if I can be of further assistance please dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Z

PS

I have updated coop_bogie_occupation to v4, if you have v3 in your custom_levels folder it will conflict so you will need to keep v3 elsewhere or delete it.

Heya,

I get two results...

1) with the bundled version I get an access violation error as soon as I click on one of the 4 weapon selections... I can connect to the server but as soon as I click on one of the four portraits I crash out of the game.

2) with the unbundled version I get the 'you have altered files' message and it does not allow me to connect to any server at all. (Sparta or otherwise).

In both cases my files are in the same places as you specified in your post.

I use the bundled mod

in Local there are 2 folders - bp_weapons_pack_v2.05 and English

In bp_weapons_pack_v2.05 there are 2 folders movies and sound

In Mods there is one file - bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bundle

In the unbundled version

Local also has 2 folders - bp_weapons_pack_v2.05 and English

But bp_weapons_pack_v2.05 12 folders in it

units

textures

strings

sound

settings

sb_templates

objects

movies

lib

levels

gui

anims

Your mods folder should be empty if you use the unbundled version.

This should work, if not we'll take a closer look.

I only get that error message if I am using anything modded in my English folder, I have it removed now to join our server. :rolleyes:

This is why I use the bundled version, everything is kept awy from the stock files.

I think Morgans problems come from his hardware, having said that I know at least one other person who could not make the Brettzies mod work.

Athlon buddy you just gave up too soon, lol.

This is why I use the bundled version, everything is kept awy from the stock files.

I think Morgans problems come from his hardware, having said that I know at least one other person who could not make the Brettzies mod work.

Athlon buddy you just gave up too soon, lol.

Well we gave it a hell of a try and I really appreciate your help trying to get it going the right way.

You are de man!

Morgan

Well what did it for me was i think you have to run a detacated server to get someone else to join in on the same game. I did install it and run it and it was great untill the can't join the server thing. If its to diffacult a thing to do, then maybe its a better thing to let it be i allways said. The new weapons are great. but theres enough new maps comming out to keep us happy for the moment. Send old bezettis a email and tell him to fix it so when we install it it works with out jumping thru hoops and moding html files and creating folders and moding command lines and the such. Then ile try it again. I just want to play a fun game with out building a rocket.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~