Spartans Home

Introduction

Morgan

Hello everyone,

Cappy (DaCapt) mentioned he had found a cool group to hang with and suggested I come check it out.

So here I am to say hello and intro myself. I've been on TS several times but I havent really seen a general chat area there and I didnt want to barge into a game chat and interrupt anything. Will keep trying.

So, lets see... about me:

I'm 49 yrs old, an old hand at gaming. Currently I play WoW (been at it since day one of retail...some 4 years+). Before that I was an admin with the WGC group and I ran my own Joint Ops clan for awhile.

Played a lot of games over the years:

Ghost Recon

Joint Operations

Freelancer

Soldner: Secret Wars

America's Army

COD4

Battlefield 1942

Battlefield 2142

Zath. OMDB and Cappy know me... so thought I would stop in and see what it's all about...:)

Primarily I am looking for a co-op mode game to get into... I dont have the twitch reflexes anymore to keep up with the youngsters. Not very good at player vs player games.

Just got into Freelancer again, that is huge fun...:)

See ya round the killing fields...

Morgan

Welcome Morgan, just hop in channel and say hi if you are interupting something the guys will say so no problem.

A few guys play GRAW2 coop, freelancer and Arma coop, I pretty much play PvP Cod 5 at the moment but am looking forward to some new games Arma2 and OFP2.

custard

Welcome Morgan, just hop in channel and say hi if you are interupting something the guys will say so no problem.

A few guys play GRAW2 coop, freelancer and Arma coop, I pretty much play PvP Cod 5 at the moment but am looking forward to some new games Arma2 and OFP2.

custard

Hiya,

I am very much a team player and I like to play a support role...in Joint Ops I was a medic (and a good oe too hahaha) and a pilot... for me the biggest rush was ferrying troops to the front lines in a Chinook or swooping in to drop reinforcements off from a Little bird.... in Soldner I preferred the engineer role (fixing vehicles, etc). Not much of a shot, but I always do my best to keep the team running and gunning.

Sadly, there arent a lot of games that cater to my style of play... but I keep hoping that a game will come along that lets me contribute without having to be in the top shooter list to be considered useful and worth having around...:) Heard some really good things about OFP2..looking forward to it.

Morgan

Hi Morgan

We have a tight little group that play ArmA coop, they play a tightly coordinated tactical game, taking time to carefully recce the target areas. They use the latest mods that bring the game bang up to date. Look for Xwind, Zebb or Punisher on TS.

We have another couple of guys that play GRAW2 coop and indeed we run a coop server 24/7 using the Brettzies weapon mod (although our guys prefer the stock game)

For now many of us are focusing on COD5 and you would find your friends there, I wouldnt worry about skillI can be 15 for 0 in one round then 0 for 15 the next, I just enjoy gsming with these guys,

Like Custard said join us in channel and say hi.

Hi Morgan, You are welcome to join in on Graw 2 co-op night (Every friday night) with Dog face and I. Some times saterday night as well. Some of the usa folks join in once in a wile also. We also do cod 5 co-op but getting tired of the same old map thing. Lots of new maps out for Graw2. Welcome to join in if you want to. We will be on starting at 9:00 pm est untill midnight or so.

I didn't even read your Bio and I like you :lol:

Seriously, I did.....

Great bio and you sound like a great person.....

Especially as you a friends with some great guys

Welcome Morgan (and a cool name too). B)

:allgood:

Wow... what a welcome.. thanks!

I will pick up COD5 and GRAW2 on Friday..payday, you know. Hahaha. I've played a little GRAW1 and it was pretty slick so I'm thinking this should be pretty fun.

My computer is kind of on the old side, rather like its owner. It doesnt have much twitch reflex left either, but I am picking up a new 4gb monster next month so the first few games might be a little rough but would be nice to get back into the groove again.

You guys really do recon and actually use tactics and stuff? I mean, like, really for true?

*pinches self*

Morgan

Welcome Morgan........

Yeah those ArmA guys are serious about thier game and run a great ship with some maps

needing Supply trucks, fuel trucks and ect. so I think you'll love playing with them and it's mostly all coop style with

a lot of players.

As for TS you will find that we have many channels and if you can enter then you are welcome to chat as we are all friends and enjoy just chewing the fat sometimes.

If ya get some new games ie CoD5 don't forget to update Punkbuster as it kicks without it.

You guys really do recon and actually use tactics and stuff? I mean, like, really for true?

*pinches self*

Morgan

LOL, hello Morgan good to see you, Sparta offers several genres one of which is ArmA. We play very tight tactics and team work is the order of the day. ArmA I is currently running and ArmA II will be evaluated on its merits when it's released. If it lives up to it's hype we will transition the tactical team over to that title. We play a no nonsense (but still great fun) type of play. If this sounds like something you would like to get involved with just get with me or Zebb and we will fill you in.

I hope you find the genre you're looking for and if there's anything I can do for you don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome,

X-Wind

Before you buy Cod 5 make sure your graphics card can handle shader model 4.

A few guys had to buy new cards don't want you wasting money on a game that will not run. until you get the new monster LOL.

Before you buy Cod 5 make sure your graphics card can handle shader model 4.

A few guys had to buy new cards don't want you wasting money on a game that will not run. until you get the new monster LOL.

OMG! My ATI Radeon X1600 PRO only supports shader 3.0...!!! AUGH!!!

Thats not very PRO if you ask me...plus I have had problems with Punkbuster and my firewall, in the past... no matter how many times I tried to enable it in the firewall and allow it to pass PunkBuster wouldnt run.

Pro tip: Punkbuster runs as a Service in windows. If you disable the service like a dumbass, Punkbuster will never, ever, ever run even if you do write vitriol and acrimony to punkbuster support and then feel like a jackass after you discover the solution.

Okay well then I will have to invest in ARMA and GRAW2 over the short term at least, I guess...besides the ARMA group sounds like just the thing I am looking for and I like the idea of a Ghost Recon connection. GR is near and dear to my heart even though I wasnt that great at it.

Thanks for the uber tip...COD5 will have to wait a few...:)

Morgan

Hiya Morgan, glad you stopped in. These guys are great, a real nice group of players. They cater to us old guys, feels like the old WGC group. I have been kinda busy lately with real life stuff, but I'll be on more soon. So kick off your shoes and open a cold one and have a great time.

DaCapt

Nice to see you drop in mate and good to catch you on TS as well, let us know what you want to do about X-Winds Arma offer (don't read too much into the demo if your still keen to give that a shot first it doesn't bear any resemblance to the game we are playing right now) and we'll see about getting you squared away in here.

Nice to see you drop in mate and good to catch you on TS as well, let us know what you want to do about X-Winds Arma offer (don't read too much into the demo if your still keen to give that a shot first it doesn't bear any resemblance to the game we are playing right now) and we'll see about getting you squared away in here.

Demos are just silly promo things, but I was interested in seeing how the controls felt, that sort of thing. A lot of that is usually pretty constant across versions and mods. Demo was alright, but nothing like the 'real thing' I think.

Would like to give the real version a try and see how it is...:)

Morgan

Hiya Morgan, glad you stopped in. These guys are great, a real nice group of players. They cater to us old guys, feels like the old WGC group. I have been kinda busy lately with real life stuff, but I'll be on more soon. So kick off your shoes and open a cold one and have a great time.

DaCapt

Hey Cappy!

Yeah seems like a real nice bunch... once I get the accents sorted out and get used to TS again I think it will be a lot of fun. Gonna have to blunder through with the old computer for a little bit which is kind of bad... but I had to do the same with GR and that turned out alright...:)

Really looking forward to a tactical game for a change. The run 'n gun routine gets old really fast when you cant keep up with the enemies..hahaah.

Morgan

Hello everyone,

Cappy (DaCapt) mentioned he had found a cool group to hang with and suggested I come check it out.

Morgan

Cool group, this lot..........

Christ, we got suckered in with that and before we knew it, they'd dumped Krambo on us!!! :o

But seriously, they are the friendliest bunch around, always making people welcome. So I'm sure you'll have a great time here. :D

Maybe be you around in COD4, I think the slow & tactical pace of the Friday & saturday crouch servers might strike a cord with you.

Have fun!

Cool group, this lot..........

Christ, we got suckered in with that and before we knew it, they'd dumped Krambo on us!!! :o

But seriously, they are the friendliest bunch around, always making people welcome. So I'm sure you'll have a great time here. :D

Maybe be you around in COD4, I think the slow & tactical pace of the Friday & saturday crouch servers might strike a cord with you.

Have fun!

Yeah the folks I chatted with today seemed great...kinda like walking into a pub for the first time and everyone buys ya a pint and lets you win at darts.. haahaha...

I actually have COD4 but will have to re-install... off to do that right now. Really liked the game itself, hated the run 'n gun so I am gonna try and give the crouch game a shot. With the variety of gaming here I am sure I will find a spot or two to call my own.

Morgan

Hello

COD4 night needs a couple of extra maps which are quicker DLed before rather than during the game. Others know more than me about this, so they can point you in the right direction.

Arma Gold edition is super cheap right around 18 bucks at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/ARMA-Gold-Pc/dp/B001...5080&sr=8-1

and includes Queen's Gambit expansion. You might find it even cheaper in a local bargain bin.

Welcome and good hunting

For now many of us are focusing on COD5 and you would find your friends there, I wouldnt worry about skillI can be 15 for 0 in one round then 0 for 15 the next, I just enjoy gsming with these guys,

Yes, my k/d ratio varies enormously too, usually dependent on how focussed or otherwise I and the opposition are on achieving the gametype objective rather than racking up a lot of kills :rolleyes:

But the COD5 server does seem to be very busy most nights now and it is a fun place to play regardless of how well you are doing individually

before we knew it, they'd dumped Krambo on us!!! :o

:lol:

Hello Morgan,

Sorry the greeting is a bit late, been sick with a very nasty flu for the last 2 days, just managed to get out of bed today. Good to see you again, hopefully see you on soon.

It is interesting you brought up Freelancer, a few of us were talking about that lastweek, I think 2 have gone to buy it.

COD4 night needs a couple of extra maps which are quicker DLed before rather than during the game. Others know more than me about this, so they can point you in the right direction.

Cod4 Autodownloads pretty quick for the people in the US and installs the files in the right folders.

If you want you can download these, but its best to have some knowledge of the placement of the files.

http://legionofsparta.net/downloads/Games/...tmaps.part1.exe

http://legionofsparta.net/downloads/Games/...tmaps.part2.rar

http://legionofsparta.net/downloads/Games/...tmaps.part3.rar

http://legionofsparta.net/downloads/Games/...tmaps.part4.rar