Spartans Home

Freelancer installed who's up for MP

rtr~SPARTA~

Got Freelancer today, surprisingly the budget title didn't include the 1.1 update. Do I need any mods for our MP sessions?

Please post here if you intent to play some space battle coop.

I figure early evening 7.30 GMT then on to COD5 later (10 ish)

Waiting for my copy to arrive, had to order from Amazon in the end as nowhere had it in store. Been playing about with the demo to familiarise myself with it and as soon as it arrives we'll grab some space ;)

OMG you guys play feelancer !!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Now why didnt you tell me !!!!!!! <_<

I reinstalled it back in the summer, and played it for a bit, and also tried some of the mods (such as the crossfire mod....which is pretty good btw B) )

Got bored eventually 'cause i culdnt figure out how to play multi :lol: So if any of you lovely guys could show me....i might get to kick you arse as a reward :rolleyes: :D

I've had the game for yeeeeeears though. Used to love playing it when i was a kid (also when we had dial up :P ) and i found the story line still rivals some of those today.

Edited by =WBG J=Fenrir

Solved The MP problem. U can connect through Xfire by adding the server to your favourites with a direct IP. I won't post my details here but I got it to show up in xfire. I think Hamachi may have been confusing it.

Edited by rtr~SPARTA~

Ok guys, I need to reinstall this thing. Have you been playing? are you playing? I am re-installing now.

Also, I would rather not use Hamachi if possible.

I have reinstalled the full game and been getting used to the controls again as has Rob. Don't worry about having to use Hamachi mate, I wouldn't let it in the same street as me let alone on my PC.

I have a laptop set up which is hosting a FL server and there is a way round the MP issue using Xfire to connect (me and Rob tested this last night and it works a treat).

We are going to keep the server vanilla for a little while to let people reacquaint themselves with the game then maybe start introducing some MODS if everyone wants them.

There is a good post Here about getting Freelancer working properly in Widescreen (it changes all the fonts and FOV so they are correct) and is dead easy to follow.

I have reinstalled the full game and been getting used to the controls again as has Rob. Don't worry about having to use Hamachi mate, I wouldn't let it in the same street as me let alone on my PC.

I have a laptop set up which is hosting a FL server and there is a way round the MP issue using Xfire to connect (me and Rob tested this last night and it works a treat).

We are going to keep the server vanilla for a little while to let people reacquaint themselves with the game then maybe start introducing some MODS if everyone wants them.

There is a good post Here about getting Freelancer working properly in Widescreen (it changes all the fonts and FOV so they are correct) and is dead easy to follow.

Would love to join in, been playing again for the last few days. Unsure about this whole xfire thing though. Can anyone explain the MP problems described here and how to get around them?

Hi Morgan,

The main problem was that microsoft retired the Global server list last year so in MP no servers will show up. We tried the tool in the freelancer\exe folder (fldirectip.hta) but couldn't connect. Their are various workarounds but they seem just to show a limited number of servers and don't act like a true master server list.

The only way we have got things working is through Xfire. (www.xfire.com). and adding it as a custom IP to your xfire favourites.

Xfire is just really handy for joining servers or seeing if anyone is on a server without launching the game. Most of the chatting features are rarely used by the spartans

You can try running the direct ip tool C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\ fldirectip.hta next time we play but you'll need to jump on Teamspeak to get the server IP and password

Floyd installed the 1.4 patch (unofficial) so have Dai and I. It seems client side so you don't need it - probably.

just tested fldirectip.hta and it worked! for Dai-sans server get the IP and password on Spartans Teamspeak.

Edited by rtr~SPARTA~

Hi Morgan,

The main problem was that microsoft retired the Global server list last year so in MP no servers will show up. We tried the tool in the freelancer\exe folder (fldirectip.hta) but couldn't connect. Their are various workarounds but they seem just to show a limited number of servers and don't act like a true master server list.

The only way we have got things working is through Xfire. (www.xfire.com). and adding it as a custom IP to your xfire favourites.

Xfire is just really handy for joining servers or seeing if anyone is on a server without launching the game. Most of the chatting features are rarely used by the spartans

You can try running the direct ip tool C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\ fldirectip.hta next time we play but you'll need to jump on Teamspeak to get the server IP and password

Floyd installed the 1.4 patch (unofficial) which you can get from the link in his post. I have the patch but haven't installed it

Thanks bud,

I've installed the 1.4 patch and been playing around with the FL Mod Manager (tried the Discovery and VOID2115 mods) a bit...sure is fun to be back in space fighting the baddies.

Are you planning on posting a notice for the next game or should I just hang out in TS a lot, til someone mentions it...? Definitely want to join in...:)

The Morganator

Edited by Morgan

Xfire is worth having anyway, you don't have to have it on all the time but if you need it it's a great contact tool in case Teamspeak goes down or just in this situation joining a server a mates in.

Add me to your friends list

custardUK