Spartans Home

HAWX Demo is out

Rocky

A Few of us have tried it and so far the feedback is not good.

Personally I find it one of the strangest games I have played in a long time, and not in a good way. There are a huge amount of bugs and controller issues and the crazy 3rd person viewpoint is very annoying.

Also, where is the promised MP Co-op mode?

Edited by Dai-San~SPARTA~

I haven't played it long enough to find any bugs, but the draw distance and performance are very impressive. I've only tried the 3rd person, but I think there's a cockpit view aswell.

I'll stick at it, there's a fair bit of good comments in the official forums and my collection is totally sparse of flying games so worth a look...

I grabbed it Tuesday and have had a couple of sessions which I really enjoyed. As long as you don't expect a flight sim and take your time to get use to the OFF view. The graphics are excellent and the Geoeye ground is sweet. I got to see it up close right before smacking into it . Even with multiple aircraft in the sky it runs really smoothly.

Here's a hands-on MP at Gamespot

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclancy...p;mode=previews

Amazon And Play have dropped their price from 22.99 to 17.99 BTW

The demo and I assume the full game uses a data folder that take precedence over the main game folders. They just created a new pak file which they have you copy to the root directory (early versions of the mod involved copying the files into the afore mentioned data directory) the game reads the data in the new pak file, all the info was already in the demo but had been 'locked' they just made it available. They haven't hacked the exe just used ubi's own setup against them :darkvador:

Their kung fu is strong....

Well I play some TDM today, and I must say that it was actually really fun. I was in the 37 and so where most of my other team mates, against 2 f-22, another su-37 and a su-47 and we won! it was a blast! I never left the cockpit view and having trackIR working really helped out a lot in that view. Being able to look around and keep your eye on your target was really fun. Im probably going to have to get this one.

That sounds fun with the trackIR, I saw a movie of that gadget once.

TrackIR is a freaking blast. If your into any race, flight sim you would enjoy this alot as most of them support it. There is also a few FPS games out there that support it and hopefully more game developers start implementing it (if I remember correctly GB has put it in there new up coming game?? :) that will be cool) But here's a list of supported games if you want to take a look, some have videos with them so you can see it working.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/03-enh...-games-all.html

I have to admit, obvious flaws aside, the demo mission is pretty easy on normal mode. I am going to try it on hard just to see whats up. Joystick is mandatory for this game. using a mouse will just in end up with your AC in the drink.

But there is an enjoyment factor that is probably a bit more than should be, but it still exists. I wont buy this game, but the demo is pretty fun.

Max XP points so far is 675. Earned the Harrier II and was dropping bombs on the tanks while taking out other AC with missiles.

Medic, go grab the demo mod that lets you fly all the flyable planes in the demo plus some like the F-22, F-20, SU-47 and Mirage I believe. It also opens up coop and TDM for the demo as well, but it can only be played on those 2 modes through hamatchi. :)

I thought it was great. Looks like it will be about as fun as IL (not a simulator) nor is this a simulator. That last simulator blew up on the launch pad (black shark) because it was so complicated only one person spent weeks learning it and no one would play it in simulator mode only in arcade mode lol.

The point of this game is to have some fun (you guys remember that kinda stuff?) and have a few laughs not to become an uber fly boy.

I seriously doubt that anyone who plays tactical shoots, plays race games or flight games "really" believes that they are playing a "sim" lol really, come on. I am just saying, buddy please, lets have some fun!! .

This game is like Grid for the sky

You've given me the greatest idea ever for a combat simulator -- aircraft carrier simulator -- a MMORPG where everyone assumes a role on the carrier. The carrier is a realistic simulator, so if you're a cook for example, you have to learn to work the stoves and ovens in the galley. You can imagine that it takes a while to build up skill level at reactor maintenance.

Arcade mode is fine.