Spartans Home

TS Visitor Needs GRAW2 Brettzie's Help

Thanks Medic,

I appreciate any help I can get with this. I have been unable to set up a dedi server using the Brettzie mod. The server shows it is online but when we try to join it it gives a different version error message. I am launching the game using the Brettzie batch file and creating the server through the open game. When I create the server the game closes and the dos window opens and everything seems the same as when the server is launched from the unmodded game. I know I am installed correctly cuz I can join your dedi Brettzie server and play no probs. We have a coop division in the GR division of our clan that really wants this badly so they can choose the map they want. They have enjoyed playing on your server and we appreciate your hard work on it. Thanks for any help that you can give.

Hatchet

The Brettzies mod comprises of

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bundle - which goes into the mod folder

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05 (folder) - which goes into the local folder

context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml - Not used for a dedicated Server

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bat - which goes into the game root but needs modification for a dedicated server

You need to find your context-standalone.xml file in the game root

make a copy of it and rename the copy context-standalone_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml

open context-standalone_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml with wordpad

The first few lines should look like this

<script base="data" exec="level/dedicated" editor="false" language="English"/>

add this line

as indicated below

<script base="data" exec="level/dedicated" editor="false" language="English"/>

Next, bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bat contains the following command

"graw2.exe -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml"

open the bat file by right clicking on it and selecting edit

then change the line to that indicated below

"graw2_dedicated.exe -o context-standalone_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml"

Now when you launch the .bat file it will launch the modded standalone context file which will in turn refer to the mod in the mod folder and the local folder.

I did it differently and set up a seperate instance and modified the context-standalone.xml to refer to the mod so I dont need to use the .bat file but unless you want to run multiple instances the technique I have described should work.

If you need any further clarification dont hesitate to ask

Cheers

Z

Zeno,

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I believe i followed them to the letter and when I try to launch the game I get an error message Crash in application version 0.3048 then "could not load context.xml" I did not remove any of the pre-existing context files from the game root. Is this needed?

Hatchet

I have found the error in the .bat file

this line

"graw2.exe -o context-standalone_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml"

should be

"graw2_dedicated.exe -o context-standalone_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml"

This does not fix the problem once the server is joined but now it will launch from the bat file and you can change the context-standalone.xml back to its original (use the copy)

I'm hoping that the bundle file is corrupt, but I am not optimistic.

I have downloaded the 2.05 unbundled version and manually replaced the weapons pack bundle in the mods folder without success. I also reinstalled the whole mod using the unbundled version. All the file sizes match from one computer to another so I don't think any of them are corrupted. Still getting crashes in the server and sometimes both computers upon weapon select. I think there is a miscommunication between my server computers weapons pack and the requesting computer. According to the crash log it can't find the appropriate weapon saying it doesnt exsist.

Hatchet

Its a mystery, you might try to isolate the problem by running your home PC as a dedicated server and asking someone to join. This way if it works we know there is some other issue with the server pc, if it fails there is some more fundamental error in the server setup. If it proves to be the latter it will be difficult to find.

Have you ever tried any other mods with success.

Are you using a steamversion of the game or a disc version, apparently it makes a difference.

[edit]

Also there is a difference between our set ups - the OS

We use windows NT 2003 on our dedicated server in Dallas

You might be using xp or vista. I dont know how this variable affects the performance of the mod, but it would explain why two identical game setups perform differently.

Hey Hatchet, I finally made it over, sorry for the delay. Some boob in our team completely dumped the website and guess who had to rebuild it from scratch ? Yeah, anyways, I will follow this and see what I can come up with on my end. I cannot remember if you are on XP or Vista.

Zeno, Thanks for you help on this, Im from over at Team -HK- and Hatchet and I have been pulling our hair out on this one. Hopefully we can get it working between the three of us.

Cheers,

Kaos