Spartans Home

Zeno has no internet

Floyd~SPARTA~

Had Hornets round my way in the last few years. One time in my cousins we had a bastard in the kitchen I swear it was like an attack helo circling me and it took two hits with a rolled up paper just to stun the bad boy.

Had Hornets round my way in the last few years. One time in my cousins we had a bastard in the kitchen I swear it was like an attack helo circling me and it took two hits with a rolled up paper just to stun the bad boy.

Blimey what paper are you reading the beano or the sun.

I checked my system out today and found that the router now shows a download speed of 6848kbps, yesterday this was around 3500kbps. When I ran speed test I was getting just under 3000kbps and now I am getting over 5,000 kbps. I am now a happier bunny.

I am interested to understand why the router shows one speed but when I measure it I am a ways off. There are a bunch of parameters expressed in db's

Débit flux descendant 6848 Kbps (download rate)

Débit flux montant 640 Kbps (upload rate)

Marge de bruit flux descendant 9.8 dB (margin of noise, download)

Marge de bruit flux montant 12.0 dB (margin of noise, upload)

Atténuation flux descendant 37.0 dB (flow attenuation, down)

Atténuation flux montant 17.0 dB (flow attenuation up)

is the highlighted item the cause of the reduced download rate?

lower is better for the attenuation but 37 doesn't seem too high, you could do with compairing to someone on the same isp in the same area and then see what speed they get. :/ . unless you know what the reading was before then you would probably have to check with your isp to see if they think it's acceptable or not. but yes i think that figure dictates the speed.

what sort of speed test do you do zeno?

tbh most online speed tests are too short for fast bb connections and give inaccurate reslts, i just tried speedtest.net and got results from 2mb/s to 4.5mb/s but my conn is 10mb/s.

you should grab a large file or game demo from a site you know can max your connection, i guess your usenet account could do that :D or does your ISP have an FTP with hosted files? e.g. ftp://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...lueyondergames/

Thanks P

I did use speedtest.net (in fact I just got 5025 kilobits per sec)

My download rate from the newsgroups is currently >660 Kilobytes per sec which equates to 5406 kilobits per sec

I am not sure why I dont get 6848 that my router says it receives.

Thanks again