Spartans Home

Brettzies weapon Mod

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does that happen as soon as you spawn?

This time it did mate, yes.

Edit: Just joined the Retrieve map and played for about 10 minutes or so with no problems if that helps..

Edited by Zebb~SPARTA~

Every map can crash with this mod. I have played Quarry to the end once but another time I got 5 minutes in.

However some maps crash almost immediately every time, this appears to be something he has improved . I think this patch is a step in the right direction but there is a long way to go. Now I think all the silenced weapons have lost their sound effect.

Brettzies has repackaged his mod into 2.01, heres the link

It is a bundle file so make sure all the old stuff is deleted.

The server is up and Quarry worked I think this is the end of the road if this doesnt work I dont think he has any more ideas so fingers crossed.

You guys tell me if it works and then we can report back.

Added the new version and got the crash before I had time to even move, it was the Oasis map I think.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\weapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\huskonfoot.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

This latest version seems to be working well, only one error which I dont think has anything to do with this mod.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: pressed in type

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I just have to check a couple of things then I'll take the password off.

[edit]

anti cheat is on

password is off

You do not need 2 instances of the game (modded and unmodded) I use one instance launched 2 ways and it works without problems.

Tested the game and it did very well. I did get a random crash almost all the way through the shipping container/boat map. Other than that it ran quite smoothly.

Thanks to Zeno for helping manage the mod and the server and a special thanks to Brettzie making and tweaking a killer weapon mod.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, looked for the server, but the only Sparta server was the stock one. Just wondering if it is still up and hadn't crashed.

I saw the same thing mate.

IPB Image I rebooted the box today because of updates, I forgot to turn the GRAW Brettzies server on.

It's up and running now. sorry

Well i ran my server as useal and we couldnot join each outhers servers so, Out it came, it must be that one of them has to be detacated server. Well to say the least that we didnot play last night, spent the whole night trying to link up so it is DELETED!!!!! But i have played it and its great haveing the new weapons. Tell old bezettis to keep working on it so folks can join non detacated servers, then we will try it again. And also the diffculty level selector has been blocked off in the mod, and set to high. We bouth tryed the 2.03 and then the 2.05 and still no good,

Pulled them out and still could not join each outhers game. Had to uninstall the game and reinstall the game to get it to work again, wile saveing the maps. And im NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy with that.

AT ALL!!!! Brazittis is on the list for a GOOD HARD butt kicking from Athlon and Dogface!! To say the least a good fridaynight game session ruined! We will stay with the stock game, Thank you very much!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I am sorry you had so much trouble and I dont understand why. We run a dedicated server that you can use, I will organise it so that you can upload maps to it. We will give you the admin password so that you can easily switch maps and kick trouble makers.

I have no problems running this mod and can still join any non modded server by launching from the stock shortcut.

a couple of thoughts

1 To avoid the problems you have encountered you can create another instnce of the game. Now that you have a stock clean version of the game, make a copy of the entire folder giving it a different name, run the mods through that folder only. That way if things go wrong you still have the stock version of the game.

2 The Brettzies mod comprises of

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bundle - which goes into the mod folder

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05 (folder) - which goes into the local folder

context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml - which goes in tot he game root

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bat - which goes into the game root

bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.bat contains the following command

"graw2.exe -o context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml"

So when you launch from the .bat file the only thing that happens is that the mod is lauched through a different context xml

context_bp_weapons_pack_v2.05.xml

instead of

context.xml

and the only differenc in the context xml is

<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="bp_weapons_pack_v2.05"/>--><!--change to "english" to uninstall-->

--><!--delete this line or comment out front with "<!--" to uninstall--><!--not used in 2.0-->

instead of

<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="english"/>

This line activates the mod.

So as you can see if correctly installed the game will only use the mod if you launch from the bat file and will not use any of it when you launch from the normal shortcut.

Catch me on TS and I will go through everything with you. Its a shame not to use this mod its awesome.